Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think its sweet, too bad he had to use a VTX motor, and SHAFT DRIVE! whats up with that on a cafe racer?

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
I'd ride the hell out of that!!! I do think he should've used the 999 engine rather than the VTX18

S

·
0 Posts
Saw it last night at the Long Beach motorcycle show. It looks cool in real life, just some iffy engineering for the real world. The half-shaft to the rear rotor looks slick but in real life... also the air bag suspension using a steering damper as the damping....as the mechanical engineer at my side said( Speeddog830)" uggh, not enough". The machine work on it was amazing though. The rear sets and all the other bits were beautiful, wish I could make stuff that looked that.

M

·
0 Posts
well lets face it, engineering wise most of those extreme bikes couldnt turn at daytona. I love watching american chopper and the like but I would hate to ride most of those bikes in the real world. They are show pieces and thats about it.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I'd ride the hell out of that!!! I do think he should've used the 999 engine rather than the VTX18
Same here. I agree that the 999 mill would be cool, but still 1800cc is 1800cc Thats a whole lotta go to hang onto.

Kevin

·
Registered
150 Posts
i read an interview with him and he stated he was goin to look at building/producing a cafe racer/naked bike but the price was goin to be 50-75 grand

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
With all the work that goes into design and engineering on our bikes (and other modern bikes) to make them perform the way they do, I find it difficult to believe this bike would perform well, especially handling/suspension.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I consider this bike to be way more cool than some ten foot long hardtail from Orange County Choppers. I would like to see more custom bikes like this.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you scott. I believe we will see more naked custom bike like this in the future. And since we already have the original classic naked bike, we are ahead of everybody ;D

·
Registered
599 Posts
That is by far the coolest Jesse James bike I have ever seen. Obviously, ability to really be ridden is questionable... but damn! That's cool.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I agree with you scott. I believe we will see more naked custom bike like this in the future. And since we already have the original classic naked bike, we are ahead of everybody ;D
What do you mean "We"?

I ride an ST2 with full fairing and saddlebags. ;D

Okay, parts of the Monster are still in my garage, for about another week, then I'll just have a box full of parts left.

==I didn't mean to hijack this thread==

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
With a bit of modification to the geometry and ergos, a Confederate Hellcat or an Ecosse Heretic would be pretty close to that bike. I think those are tricker looking and actually in production.

I also think that thing is closer related to those "sport cruisers" than a real cafe racer. Remember the cafe concept is to race through town from cafe to cafe and that thing doesn't look particulary light and nimble....

--Fillmore

·
0 Posts
That bike is hot! Some curves can be done away with but overall it's happening. Wonder what it'd look like in the dark version?

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Remember the cafe concept is to race through town from cafe to cafe

--Fillmore
I was watching the History Channel and they had a part on cafe racers. The biggest 'race' (and I can't remember where, apart from the fact that it was in London) was dropping a dime in the jukebox, jumping on the bike, riding to a bridge on the outskirts of town, and making it back before the song ended.
These days I'd be lucky to zip up my jacket in that same amount of time [smiley=laugh.gif]

I follow JJ and OCC and all those shows, and even though this bike may not outperform a 620 in many departments, as a custom bike, it's leagues ahead of the hard tail choppers out there. I'm just saying function doesn't *always* have to follow form. It can be the other way around sometimes, and that's when you get a sweet design like this. Personally, I like it and I give JJ kudos for venturing outside the chopper circle for once.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It looks kind of interesting and much better than some overdone 10 foot long chopper that rides and corners like an 18 wheeler.
jessie james is kind of hollywood but I really admire how he bilds everything for his bikes. He also owns and rides more than just harleys. I've read he has a MV and sportbikes including a r1 , aprilia and a hayabusa.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts