Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the risers on today and while the bike is wintered now I can tell the riding position will be much improved. All that is needed to put the risers on is to flip the throttle housing around so there is enough slack in the throttle cable. Product was shipped quickly and is well made. A little pricey but worth it for the comfort.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
+1 pics. Also if you could get a side angle to show it missing the tank, that would be great. I've been debating between this and a Rizoma bar/riser setup.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry, but I don't have a camera at the moment. The pictures on the EBay listing are clear and I think there are others on this site with pics on the 696. 1100 is exactly the same but you have to flip the throttle assembly around so the throttle cable is below the bars. Very easy. Bars still miss the tank fine and the finish on the risers is a good match to the stock parts. I would recommend them. Compared to the Rizoma set-up I think this has a more factory look and certainly less expensive than new bars and risers. I also find the bend of the stock bars comfortable so didn't want to change them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was a little tighter on the throttle side but I dremeled the pin on the ignition switch housing and rotated it a bit. The only thing I would add to the install instructions would be to loosen the braided line guides on the forks to the front brakeline and clutch prior to installing the riser. Makes it a little easier as my clamps had a good hold on the line.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
1100S bar size?

I got risers for my 2009 1100S monster from Redlunaracing through ebay and they don't fit.
My handlebars are a larger diameter than the can be accommodated by the groove that they machined in the riser. Is the 1100S bar larger than 1100 or 696?
thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same as the 1100 I think, but they ARE different than the 696. Were those the ones for $89.00? I saw them and wondered if they were just a copy of the Jese Racing risers. Hopefully they take them back.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Same as the 1100 I think, but they ARE different than the 696. Were those the ones for $89.00? I saw them and wondered if they were just a copy of the Jese Racing risers. Hopefully they take them back.
Thanks - maybe I got the 696 risers. These look just like the Jese risers and are $89. LBmilling also makes 696 risers, but not 1100, that look the same.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks - maybe I got the 696 risers. These look just like the Jese risers and are $89. LBmilling also makes 696 risers, but not 1100, that look the same.
Hey Guys~ New owner of a 09 1100 and I am desperately searching for a solution(s) to make this bike more comfortable. Having come from riding primarily sport bikes I thought the monster would be the solution to the end of back and wrist pains, but I was clearly wrong. I've recently bought the DP touring seat and yet, this made it more comfortable around the sacks, it also raised the seat position by a tad bit, therefore I'm looking for a set of bar risers to raise my handle and overall body position. With that said I have scoured over the internet looking for the infamous Jesse Racing bar risers and I can't seem to locate the product as it appears to be out-of-production. Are there any alternate bar risers out there other than Jesse Racing? Feedbacks will be appreciated. Considering the popularity of this bike, I'm quite surprised that there aren't more after market products for bar risers.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I bought the Jese Racing risers for my 696, really needed something to take the pinch out of my hands. They were ok quality but the fit was not good at all. I ended up having to punch the holes larger with my drill because it was so tight it was snapping the bolts.

If I had to do it again, I probably would have bought the handlebar kit from Ducati (link: http://www.ducati.com/accessories/chassis_and_brake_systems/complete_aluminium_handlebar_kit_with_throttle__brake_and_clutch_cables_/215/index.do?urlBack=/accessories/search/index.do?keyWord=&pageNumber=3&idBikeFamily=22&idModelBike=696&idModelYear=8&idCategory=0&nameOrder=asc&sortOrder=name)

I can't remember the exact specs on the Jese Risers, but they weren't back at all and I'd say these are at least an inch higher. Sure it cost more money, but if you're going to be taking any longer trips...probably well worth it. The Jese Riser, while helpful just weren't enough for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Boris196 - glad to know that there are faults in the product, guess I was better off not being able to purchase it. Safety and reliability are things I will not skimp on - thank you for pointing it out. The handlekit from Ducati appears to be only available for 696 and not 1100.

As of now it seems that my only available option is to replace my handlebar to the tapered rizoma one or try the ebay risers. Wondering if i should invest in the adjustable clip-ons.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As of now it seems that my only available option is to replace my handlebar to the tapered rizoma one or try the ebay risers. Wondering if i should invest in the adjustable clip-ons.[/quote]

Don't forget the risers from the 796

·
Registered
35 Posts
bcmonster - are the risers for the 796 original mounts or aftermarket risers? Any chance you have a link to the product? Sorry for all the questions, this is all new to me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Not sure where I saw it but the stock 796 riser from Ducati will work, not sure how much more rise you will get, someone else may have done it and can let you know. I think it was only about $70.00

What about the first link I mentioned? Those will do the job won't they? I have the Jese Racing and no issues with quality or fit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Monster 696 and ordered the risers from sling shot racing corp. I haven't gotten them yet, so can't give you feed back yet, but I have been told that certain risers won't fit if you have abs brakes. If you have any questions they are very helpful.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts