Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you c/f addicts, fair warning! You'll need a 12-step program after seeing this bike.
Enjoy!

G

·
"I am planning to build the engine next, however the bike is now quite a handful, and does take a bit of work keeping the front end down in the first 4 gears."

Sounds like a real chore...must be horrible...poor baby.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
-------snip--------------
nice bike, tho... seems like a motowheels advertisement.
My thoughts exactly......... :-/

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Sweet bike.

Did it say what the tail treatment was on it?

mitt

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I remember seeing that bike in person at the San Mateo motorcycle show in November. It's much more impressive in person.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you dig CF, it's certainly a cool bike. Much respect for losing that much weight. Still, written way too much like a Motowheels ad. I like MW as much as the next guy, but geez ...
Dion

·
Registered
796 Posts
O.K. this may sound stupid but I have heard my carbs called "flat slide" and then this guy calls um "flat side" so I dont even know what the heck is in my own bike! I guess I could just call um FCRs but I want to know if Ive been going around claiming I have carbs that dont exist.

G

·
Holy Carbon Fiber Batman!

Do we know what the final cost of the bike is, even with his employee discount? Could this be one of the most expensive monsters ever?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Definitely, that monster most cost some monstrous amount of $$$$. But yes that is one beautiful bike. At the mo. Show in November, the guy at the M.W. booth whow me how the rear blinders work. It has a LED in each of the chopped tail ends. very nice touch as well. Lots of goodies on this bicke.
Thanks Michael for posting this bicke, Grate job.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
O.K. this may sound stupid but I have heard my carbs called "flat slide" and then this guy calls um "flat side" so I dont even know what the heck is in my own bike! ----------snip-------
DTMsurf, check here, you are correct:
http://www.sudco.com/keihin.html#FCR

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thanks, I have talked to a few mechanics about some issues with my bike and I was getting worried that I have been sounding like a moron when describing my carbs. I feel better now, flat side just didnt make sense.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Seems?

"All the parts can be found at Motowheels, any of us here can answer any questions regarding the monster or the parts. Please feel free to email us. [email protected] or [email protected]"
Exactly... don't get me wrong, Motowheels is pretty good, prices aren't exactly the lowest around... but I've had good experiences with them. But it is pretty blatant, no?

What's next on that thing, anyway... carbon fiber heads and tires?

G

·
I've had enough of the Motowheels conspiracy brought on by certain members!

This months bike is really nice. If I had a 900 that would be a direction I would go so enjoyed seeing this bike.

Motowheels sponsors this site and others so if they have a helpful hint or part available why shouldn't they chime in. How many of us give money to the site? They have offered group reduced rates (CF wheels) for are benefit.

I don't see anyone complaining about all the blabbermouths that contribute valuable info so why attack a sponsor who contributes.

Sorry for the rant, but I think the board has better things to talk about like Monsters!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts