Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

JACKETS

7K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Lead_Teeth 
#1 ·
ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GOOD VENTED LEATHER JACKET CHECK OUT ROADGEAR'S XKG. LOTS OF AIR PLUS PROTECTION

#2 ·
Thanks for the recommendation. As I get older and heal less quickly, I think I'm turning into a wimp. I've lately become a protection zealot almost always wear a back protector under my jacket. I've always tended to migrate towards Dainese because of the strategically placed plastic armor. Current jacket is unvented, so it can get toasty in the summertime.

#3 ·
For comfortable, ventillated protection on a budget:

Fieldsheer.

Includes back shoulder and elbow/forearm armour, but it's CE, not hard.

Very comfortable at temps in the 90s (as long as you're moving!)

#5 ·
Agree... The Fieldsheer Titanium Air is slightly more comfortable than the more expenive JR Phoenix and zips to any of their pants.

I'm supposed to write up a review of the two for Higgie, but havent gotten around to it yet.

BTW, for ladies sizes, Laura has the Spidi Net jacket (she's 5'2") which I think is better quality than either the Fieldsheer or JR, but it retails for ~$240 vs. $99 for the Ti Air.

--Fillmore

#8 ·
All good comments, but I wanted to note that I was referring to the perf'ed leather Fieldsheer. That's what I have.

I tried out the various Joe Rocket and fieldsheer mesh jackets and frankly, didn't like the way the Fieldsheer hung and supported the armor. If you want mesh, I like the Reactor best; it's mesh with leather shoulders and arm panels. It just holds its shape better and keeps the armor in place.

As I said in my earlier post, the leather Sport Air is comfortable enough for me in the heat and gives a lot more protection than mesh.

#20 ·
Daffe, " wait until summer"?????? when in world is summer in CA????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.