·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
interesting.

depending on how they gathered the data, i would think that most of the japanese manu service ratings would be a bit misrepresented: majority of those bikes don't need much service. at least not compared to a duc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Victory is a Harley knock off, or knock out depending on how you look at it. They hired Arlen Ness a few years ago to revamp there entire line of bikes, and the results have been stunning. Victory look better and run better then Harley's. Arlen has the finger on the pulse of that market much more then Willy G does, and it shows. Here in N. California I'm seeing more and more Victory's around. Arlen Ness has a new huge show room a couple of miles from where I live so I'm seeing them around quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I want the victory dealership in Thailand but they do not have enough production yet they are concentrating on USA Europe and Australia NZ.
I have ridden several and they knock HD into the weeds .

jerry

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
MTL-DUC said:
I saw a Victory a couple of weeks back, it was very nice. (in the, She was very cute for a fat girl, sort of way)
ROFLMAO. [thumbsup] thanks, i needed that laugh. ;D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sieg said:
Technically KTM/Polaris [thumbsup]
Not exactly. Polaris still holds about 25% of KTM shares, but KTM has made it clear they will never allow the Polaris takeover to happen. They're basically just gonna install some KTM motors in Polaris' quads. And KTM is going to build its own version of the Ariel Atom... ::)

Back on topic, the Victory bikes are really nice. Lots of attention to detail, and a v-twin motor that is VERY competitive in that market segment. Word is that Arlen Ness has penned a new bagger (touring bike) to be intro'd in 2007 - perhaps as an early release 2008 model.

Overall, I think the Power survey results are right about where I expect them to be. Interesting to note that Ducati, BMW, and H-D are all rated equally low (2 stars) on "Cost of Ownership". ::)

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Duc dealership in Waco, TX sells Victory, as well as Triumph (but that's not important...) But they are nice looking, better than Harleys...IMHO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts