Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving my BELOVED Dallas, TX home because I have NO JOB and am being forced to move to *sigh* sunny California. We will be living "hopefully" in Westwood or Santa Monica.

I should have my bike sometime in the next few weeks and want to hook up with some COSTAL HOOLIGANS for a ride/get together.

I've read about some "rock store" gatherings in Malibu? But it seems like everyone is up north in SF or down south in San Diego. I would expect a pretty nice big club in the LA area.

Help me..I'm scared.

:-D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
the L.A. area folks aren't too keen on posting on the board so that's probably why it looks like there aren't many of them - however I've heard that they have 40 - 50 monster riders that go on rides?

being from the SF Bay, I can tell you that we're a pretty tight group - we ride a lot and have lots of fun!

·
Registered
669 Posts
get out while you can!!!!!

i'm stuck in tx ... moved from cali when i was 16. you'll love cali.

S

·
0 Posts
i can hookup I live in the LA area....and usually ride in WhyBillandMonica.
-Spaceman.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we are here now, and I should have my bike in a few weeks IF we can find a place to live. The latest place I found wanted almost 6000 in security deposits...and we don't even have any PETS.

Nice try dude....nice try

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's to HOT in the Valley. I just moved from dallas which is like...110 in the SHADE at this time of year. I NEED THE BEACH MAN!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
see here is the thing. I have a corporate place that the company got us, but it rents for 3K a month :eek: SO if I don't find something in the next 3 weeks I'll be BROKE :mad: Point being..I think I'd love Hermosa Beach/Redondo Beach but I don't have time to go look. SO I'm just going to suck it up and be semi broke and live close to the beach in Santa Monica. :)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
make sure you post on the SoCal board! those guys might know of some opportunities for you!

$3K/mo... just think of spending that much on accessories on the monster! (every month!!!) hmmm!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I lived in NYC and was thinking about moving out there after a few biz trips. For the same $1000 a month I was paying (in Jersey) there were apts available a block or two from the Huntington Beach. Just a thought, I also remember seeing lots of ads for roommates and what not. Do they have www.apartments.com out there?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FOUND A PLACE.

Some guy has a building with like 4 units in it. It's smallish for my dallas tastes..but it's got an ocean view....it's beachfront..has w/d inside the unit, and is REAL NICE. We are stoked. I'll be having a cookout sooner..hell..lts get some MONSTERS OVER HERE!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
When are you moving in? Or are you in already?

Most importantly, do you have your bike yet?

The SCMHA is kinda spread out, all the way from Valencia to San Diego, but we do get together every now and then.

If you're gonna have a BBQ at the beach, I'll leave the blast furnace here in Riverside and bring a couple of hunks of cow to share.

Just say when.........

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we start moving in sometime next week. It's in venice...it's kind of "on the beach". Can you light fires on the beach or is that regulated? I saw a BUNCH of bonfires on hunington beach. Hell that right there sounds bad ass. Lets meet up in Hunington Beach..light a fire...drink beers...and CAMP!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
fleedatzmonster said:
I'm leaving my BELOVED Dallas, TX home because I have NO JOB and am being forced to move to *sigh* sunny California.  We will be living "hopefully" in Westwood or Santa Monica.  

I should have my bike sometime in the next few weeks and want to hook up with some COSTAL HOOLIGANS for a ride/get together.

I've read about some "rock store" gatherings in Malibu?  But it seems like everyone is up north in SF or down south in San Diego.  I would expect a pretty nice big club in the LA area.

Help me..I'm scared.

:-D
This is the funniest sh!t ever!! how did it go finding some monster lovers in LA??? [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
3 year old post revived? :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts