Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Illegal to ride in the winter? Damn, Canada is nutz.... IT should be ones right to ride when one chooses.

My winter was punctuated with buying a Powerlet heated jacket and liners... The only that stops me from riding is ice.

·
Banned
646 Posts
Illegal to ride in the winter? Damn, Canada is nutz.... IT should be ones right to ride when one chooses.

My winter was punctuated with buying a Powerlet heated jacket and liners... The only that stops me from riding is ice.
I dont know for all provinces, but in Quebec between Dec 15th and March 15th any road going vehicule must be equipped with certified winter tires. And since they dont make any for motorcycles (even studded tires wouldnt technically be certified winter tires) we simply cant ride between those dates. Keep in mind during winter the temperature goes down to -40F on the coldest days, and average of maybe 0F during January and February. So to be honest even if we could, no heated vest or gloves would keep you very warm unless you have a Goldwing with huge wind protection.

But the funny part is if on December 14th for example theres a snow storm, legally you can still ride your bike, if the next day (dec 15th) its 60F and sunny and roads are dry, you can't. The law should be based on weather conditions instead of dates.

I wish I lived in California, I would certainly ride during your "winters" wearing a t-shirts and jeans hehe
Here in summer temperature can reach 105F (40C) and the coldest I've seen with wind factor was -58F(-50C). Thats 163F degrees from one extreme to the other.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wish I lived in California, I would certainly ride during your "winters" wearing a t-shirts and jeans hehe
Here in summer temperature can reach 105F (40C) and the coldest I've seen with wind factor was -58F(-50C). Thats 163F degrees from one extreme to the other.
Yea I live in South Carolina and will need to move farther south as well. The high for this week is barely over 50 degrees Fahrenheit. That just wont do.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Groundhog day.

[email protected]$!king Phil the groundhog saw his shadow! It's 4 degrees F here and more snow on it's way for Tuesday & Wednesday. This winter is not the winter's we have become accustom to! 6 more weeks of winter:(

·
Registered
718 Posts
[email protected]$!king Phil the groundhog saw his shadow! It's 4 degrees F here and more snow on it's way for Tuesday & Wednesday. This winter is not the winter's we have become accustom to! 6 more weeks of winter:(
Beez, you just have to learn how to look on the upside of things. Just think of how much money you are saving on tires! ;D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[QUOTE=SkyBarney. Beez, you just have to learn how to look on the upside of things. Just think of how much money you are saving on tires! ;D

Just spit up my beer;) Thanks Sky I needed that. LOL.
Beez

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
February 16th.

Starting the 3rd. week of Feb... gonna snow another 2"-4" tomorrow morning. Might get up to 40F by midweek, gonna be messy around here for a while. Mama Tried bike show this coming weekend in Milwaukee, WI. then Sobelman's for a Burger;D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Starting the 3rd. week of Feb... gonna snow another 2"-4" tomorrow morning. Might get up to 40F by midweek, gonna be messy around here for a while. Mama Tried bike show this coming weekend in Milwaukee, WI. then Sobelman's for a Burger;D

I'll be at mama tried... Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mama Tried

Designer...what time about. I'm shooting for 2pm - 3pm on Saturday. (I work midnites, so home by 7:30am - chores - take a short nap 9 to 12 - on the road by 1pm.) Hope to see you. I have a new riding jacket (got for Christmas) ICON Brawnson - it has my avatar embroidered on the back.
Beez

1 - 15 of 15 Posts