Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

What Party are you voting for in this Election?

• Republicans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Democrats

• Independents

• Green

• A mix of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing is for sure, I'll be happy once tomorrow rolls arround...no more ADs. It just amazes me how many ADs are out there and how many of them are negative attack ads. Anyways, I was just curious how the Monster folks sway politically.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm pretty much a hemorrhaging-heart liberal, but some of my best clients are republicans [laugh]. I have some more conservative views on the legal system. Sometimes I lean towards the green party. The good thing about not watching TV is that you miss all the political ads. The phone calls aren't as bad as in '04. That year we put a message on our answering machine that said "if you leave one more message telling us to vote, we won't."

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Wow, brave topic considering people get so crazy about politics. I'll stay FAR away from this one. ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
:-X :-X :-X ::)

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
For the first time ever I actually researched all of the candidates and what their positions are. I didn't listen to or watch a single campaign ad and I feel like I'm actually giving my opinion instead of just voting for one color or the other.

So I'm the lone (so far) "mix of the above".

I hate politics, but I want to vote smart.

-Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rep fpr Gov
Rep for Sen
Ind for 5th District
Dem local

·
Registered
111 Posts
I screwed that up.

Ind for Sen (Kennedy has too much negative advertising and sounds like he has a mouth full of food when he talks) I just don't like Amy. She is too anti-business.

ONE NOTE THAT EVERYONE CAN AGREE ON IS TO VOTE YES FOR THE TRANSPORTATION BILL. This forces the state to use gas tax and new car tax on the roads (which we love) along with public transportation.

Both parties and all local governments are for it; however, leaving it blank counts as a no vote.

So VOTE YES.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I too am voting yes on the transportation amendment, but know that by doing so we're basically voting for no higher gas tax (at least not this year) and for increasing other taxes. It will take up to $300 million out of the state budget for other things (the real number may be lower, but it could be up to $300) and that money will have to come from somewhere, so assume higher taxes of some kind. But in the end I think the gas tax should fund the roads and other transit. And I think we're at a significant lack of mass transit here in MN.

So there is certainly incentive to vote either way, especially if you don't want taxes increased or you don't want money taken from other priorities (health care, education etc.) if taxes aren't increased.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Uh, just a heads-up.

Politics are a taboo topic here at the DML. Lots of other forums out there where you can discuss this stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.