Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, since nobody else wants to take this on, the next Monster Ride will be Saturday September 20. The route will be one of the North Bay routes, but not the one to Pt. Reyes, since we already did that one this year. I don't know yet where we'll meet or even what time (9:00 a.m.?), but we can work that out.

Since this one will be much less organized than the previous (Mt. Diablo) ride, or even the next one (Mines Road/Mt. Hamilton), it's probably better if not too many riders show up. ;) I figure the right group size would be about 6. If more than that want to show up, we'll need another volunteer or two to help organize things.

Offer your suggestions here.
========== Edit (15-Sept-2003) ==========
I can't lead this ride since my bike is in pieces. It's cancelled unless someone else volunteers.
========== Edit - 2 ==========
Michael Lund has taken over this ride. Wish I could be there...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: Saturday, Sept. 20 - North Bay ride

Yahoo! (Oooops-don't tell my AOL server)
Thanks for stepping up Scott!
As I've said before, I don't think there will be a problem finding help with organization. There are quite a few who can lead a sub-group or act as sweepers. There is a real need for good riders familiar enough with the routes to lead the first/fast group. That will come in time.

So sign me up Scotty! I'll be there and will be willing to lead another group if enough sign up.
Cesar.

S

·
0 Posts

Sorry all, I'm off to the Beemer Bash in Quincy that weekend to see if we can get kicked out of the club for makin too much noise! :eek: Who says hooligans are limited to Monsters
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23909&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

This is Ned (ARRRGGGHHNUT) almost getting kicked out of the last BMW Norcal event, and the responses are great. It would be awesome if a bunch of Monsters showed up to add to the party!

·
Registered
455 Posts

I'd like to follow as well, at least for part of it, if I'm feeling in the mood to push the odometer a few miles past 6000 before my service.

Just curious, where's Quincy Sarah?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts

This is Ned (ARRRGGGHHNUT) almost getting kicked out of the last BMW Norcal event, and the responses are great. It would be awesome if a bunch of Monsters showed up to add to the party!
You should be thrilled that National Talk Like a Pirate Day is coming up soon!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Yeah, some people don't get "camping in large numbers"...that sometimes, it's noisy.

Chris

S

·
0 Posts

You should be thrilled that National Talk Like a Pirate Day is coming up soon!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Yeah, some people don't get "camping in large numbers"...that sometimes, it's noisy.

Chris
Excellent! Perfect day to Arrrghive in Quincy! Quincy is about 260 miles north of my home, in the Plumas Natl. Forest..not too far west of Reno. For those up for the North North Bay ride ;)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

:) Tanks so much Scott for getting us out onece again.
Count me in.... I should have my bike back by then. The 6000 mi. service is due...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

I thought the funniest part of that ADVriders thread was the message board shorthand --- FYYFF [smiley=laugh.gif]

If you hafta ask......

·
Registered
455 Posts

Okay, I've got a bit of a dilemma here: I currently have about 6040 miles on my Monster, and my service is scheduled for the 25th. I want to go on this ride and I want to go on the Full Circle ride this weekend, but I'm thinking I shouldn't put all those miles on before the service (although, based on another thread, the service isn't theoretically due until 6213 miles = 10,000 km). What do you guys think I should do?

Keep in mind I have only been riding for about 2.5 months and have never been on a group ride. (I'm not saying I'm a total weiner, but I guarantee I'm not nearly as fast as the SMR veteran type).

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts

Keep in mind I have only been riding for about 2.5 months and have never been on a group ride.
Doc Wong from BARF is doing a novice ride this Sunday which will give you a good introduction to group rides: http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42965

We also have a weekly Saturday ride divided to groups by pace. The C group is for riders who have some experience but prefer to go slower to get aquainted with the routes, group riding or just chill: http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42971

You might want to do Doc Wong first for a solid grounding and getting a feel for your relative skill level. Both are highly recommended.

M

·
0 Posts

I'd like to join you guys for the ride. I live in san francisco. Is there anyone else going up to the north bay from the city? Is there a designated meeting place for people in and around san francisco?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts

Going to be in El Lay that weekend, sorry to miss it (again!)

·
Registered
103 Posts

Such a bummer...I really want to go, but I won't be around.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: CANCELLED: Saturday, Sept. 20 - North Bay ride

I had to remove the front forks from my bike on Saturday to get them reworked. It's unlikely that I'll have them back by next Saturday.

Therefore, unless someone else wants to take charge, the September 20 ride is cancelled. Sorry. :'(

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts

I really would love to do the ride & lead, but I'm out of town :(

BTW, Scott - what did you end up deciding about the forks? I know you had a few options under consideration...

·
Registered
455 Posts

Awww....

Shouldn't that read "re-scheduled" (wink wink)?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts