Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.dromo1.com

Part I
Looks like we're going to make a Part I happen, before our 1/6 trip (aka part II). GM suggested Wed of next week, 12/28.

In
Madmatt
Lucazuma
GM2
Red Barron (+2, or is that a +1...I'm confused)
Ciao Fun
Stacked
erkishhorde
Be (+2) - although this whole clique is a maybe.

Part II

Weekend of 12/16? Sat or Sun?

Updated: Saturday, January 6th.

We'll ride if the weather cooperates. If not, well figure out a carpool situation.

If there's enough interest I'll ask about a group rate.

In
Madmatt
GM2
Ciao Fun
Steve G
xswimordiex
Noah (my roommate)
Bill

Maybe
erkishhorde

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Re: It's on biotches...

We have a indoor cart track in Bako... you can race pocket bike on it too.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

in - if you do it some other weekend. out otherwise.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

gm2 said:
in - if you do it some other weekend. out otherwise.
Since I think Garrett's a relatively nice guy, we could push it to another weekend. How about the following, or perhaps after the new year?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

16/17th is the last race of the season at willow, i was planning on attending, so that weekend is pretty much out. the weekend after works for me, or after the new year.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts

If anyone is interested in something closer Go Kart world in Carson runs Euro karts on Tues. night between 6:30 & 9:30 PM. They are 8hp karts with an external roll cage & covered wheels for the faint of heart. $20 bucks buys you 4 qualifying laps plus a 15 lap race. Average lap times are 36 sec. & the track has a comination of flat as well as banked turns & some decent elevation changes thrown in. 1st. place gets a $10 credit towards the next race. My cycling buddies & I call it The White Trash Nationals & we usually have about 6 or 7 guys.

As for Dromo, I could make it on a Sun. anytime after New Year's [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts

16th is fine for me, or anything other than the 17th.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

SteveG said:
16/17th is the last race of the season at willow, i was planning on attending, so that weekend is pretty much out. the weekend after works for me, or after the new year.
same as above, in regards to going to see RST to claim victory...otherwise, the next weekend falls the 23rd and 24th...hmmmmmm.

jc

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

joekarati said:
same as above, in regards to going to see RST to claim victory...otherwise, the next weekend falls the 23rd and 24th...hmmmmmm.

jc
wow... that's how out of it I am... didn't even realize the next weekend was christmas eve...

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts

GusDuc said:
If anyone is interested in something closer Go Kart world in Carson runs Euro karts on Tues. night between 6:30 & 9:30 PM. They are 8hp karts with an external roll cage & covered wheels for the faint of heart. $20 bucks buys you 4 qualifying laps plus a 15 lap race. Average lap times are 36 sec. & the track has a comination of flat as well as banked turns & some decent elevation changes thrown in. 1st. place gets a $10 credit towards the next race. My cycling buddies & I call it The White Trash Nationals & we usually have about 6 or 7 guys.

As for Dromo, I could make it on a Sun. anytime after New Year's [thumbsup]
Forgot to mention that 2 weeks ago there waas a guy in his full leathers... seemed a little upset when I asked him why he wasn't dragging a new in the corners [laugh] They were the Joe Rocket Suzuki Replicas... he did attempt a wheelie as he left the parking lot but alas his 1989 GSXR 750 left swiftly but with both wheels still on terra firma ;)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

First weekend of the new year? I'd be game for that since I'm home for xmas and school starts on the 8th.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

So, what are we thinking...first weekend of the new year? Does that work for most people?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

Er..wait.. Are we talking Dec 30/31st or January 6/7. If it's the last weekend of December30-31 I'm in for sure. If it's January6/7 I'm iffy for Saturday and out for Sunday.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

since when is dec 30-31 the first weekend of the new year? ;D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

[cheeky] I had done math wrong in my head and kept thinking that the weekend right after xmas was what we were talking about. My mind then changed all "first weekends of the new year" into "weekend after xmas." I'm special like that. ;D

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts

I'm in. I believe I am the reigning champion of DML SoCal Karting., so y'all better BRING IT!!!

[laugh]

Lester

1 - 20 of 63 Posts