Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MacGyver didn't have one either. ;)

With the bike on a secure rear stand, arrange the floorjack to lift by the front cylinder, and arrange the jackstands with the handy piece of fence pipe with a rag wrapped around it, just so....

May not be a good method for the air-cooled Monsters, but I don't have one, so I can't say for sure.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
It's possible to support the front with a bottle jack lifting the front cylinder exhaust outlet base (wrapped with a rag). However, I wouldn't trust the stability for anything longer and more complicated than changing the front tire. And even then it's advisable to loosen up everything that requires force prior to resting it on the jack.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the front bun is still in pretty good shape.

I've started a fork jihad...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ur bike is dirty !!! hehehe ;D
I ride it, it gets dirty. No big deal.

G

·
yeah, so do I 129K...but i like it shiney !!!! looks almost new hehehehe

i spend more time cleaning it that with my girl LOL

G

·
p.s. hey, can you do a video with sound of your red cherry bomb pipes...I really want to hear what they sound like

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Somewhat related...I was at a friend's house the other week and saw his home made rear stand made out of standard water pipes joined together by 90 degrees joints. With little cut outs for the spools to rest in at the top of the pipes. Sturdy even if crude, $25 at Home Depot for a bunch of short pipes and they cut to your measurements.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I made a fairly nice removable center stand. Uses that unused rear lower engine mount. I just line the stand up, push a rod through, then hoist the bike up just like any other center stand. Takes all of 10 seconds. And is solid. If I want the front up, a small jack takes care of that.

G

·
Nick......uh you can come by anytime and borrow the front pit bull dude. but you prolly had more fun doing it like that..... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts