Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the replacement for my wrecked M900. It's not another Monster, but at least it's a Ducati; a 1998 ST2. That should get me by for a year or two until I can put enough cash together to buy a Multistrada. I'm going to try some longer distance riding and the ST2 should allow me to do that better than a Monster. It will also allow me to bring a first aid kit along for the local Monster Rides. :p

I had to have the seller deliver it to my house, because my left hand still hasn't healed enough to ride a motorcycle.

I'll finally dismantle the Monster during the Thanksgiving weekend and put all of the parts up for sale.

[I would post a photo of it here, but the site refuses right now.]

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh wait! After five tries it finally took the photo. Here it is:

·
Registered
426 Posts
The ST series bikes are really nice bikes if Ducati had trimmed them like this bike I think they would be selling better. White frame, white wheels, black instead of gray trim. Small rear fender plate carrier, small turn signals. Classic font.

G

·
You dog! Nice looking bike and a great long distance ride. You'll love it! After a while, you'll be thinking, "why didn't I do this sooner?" ;D

G

·
scott, let me know what parts you are selling from your monster since I am local to pleasanton....i';d be greatly interested !

G

·
What a coincidence! After a long search I have narrowed my choices for a "new" bike to (1) an ST2 (YELLOW!!!!), or (b) a 900 Monster (YELLOW!!!!). Very cool! Please post your impressions of the difference(s) between these bikes. And I am jealous. But I'll get over it . . . .

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hey, Scott, if you take off that fairing, you could have a real cool naked sport-touring Ducati.... ;D

Seriously, congratulations!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
congrats on your purchase. gotta admit that i often think of trading the monster for an ST2. the reason i haven't is i don't want to give up the monster. too bad i can't afford 2 bikes. ride safe and enjoy ;D

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Way to go! Sounds like a good choice. My favorite Duc color too 8)

G

·
Nice looking bike, clean lines right color.... aside from the cans is it pretty much stock factory spec?

And once the hand gets back in shape, I for one, would like your impressions of it. Good luck with it!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The ST series bikes are really nice bikes if Ducati had trimmed them like this bike I think they would be selling better. White frame, white wheels, black instead of gray trim. Small rear fender plate carrier, small turn signals. Classic font.
Since the bike has obviously been repainted and I'm not certain if I like where the Ducati name has been placed, I might use this as an opportunity to finally own a green, white and red Ducati.

Alex, do you have a larger version of the above image? I'm going to have to learn how to use Photoshop to work out the exact color schemes, and that one looks like a good starting point.

Then I just need to find a painter that won't charge me more than I paid for the bike to do the custom paint job. 8)

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Nice bike. The red bike would look good with black wheels and the 92 vintage black and white Ducati stickers.

I've actually gone the other way - ST2 to Monster (oh with an SS in between but we won't talk about that).

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Scott, congratulations on your new YELLOW Ducati, will see you soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts