Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, has anyone surfed www.cycletrader.com lately and looked for S4R's? I ran across the "IMOLA" edition that was in Daytona during bike week this year. The bikes looks great and all and I was wondering why its been for sale for the past few months.

Well, I finally emailed and ask how much they were asking for it....

This is my response I get back :eek:

Thanks for your interest in the Imola Edition Monster.
The bike is $18,299.00. Great opportunity to own a really special one of a
kind bike.

Please let me know what I can do for you.

John Franck
The bike has some nice features but damn, its just an S4R with a color change??

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/9/2/67684792.htm

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you missed this most important detail:

"Custom 1972 Ducati Decals"

And??? ???

So they come up with decals that look like the ones back in 72' big whoop

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i'll just stick with my 99 m900s.....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are all off. Clearly the all metal parts are made of white gold hence the slightly higher then market asking price. (was that too sarcastic??)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I've got the special edition Capirossi, only one like it in the world. I think I'll sell it for 20,000. Any suckers I mean takers.. Skeeter your pretty gullable you want to buy it? :p

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Skeeter your pretty gullable you want to buy it? :p

Keep it up Elpatatoe and I am not going to let your wife shower next time I send her home :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah well your wife rides like a girl. Err uhh wait a minute D aaaaammmnnn. Give me a sec I'll think of something. Haah my bike is faster than yours. err wait ahhhhh screw it I quit.

ah hah I got it. I am cuter than you are, and my dog can kick your dogs a s s. Do you have a dog?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you better watch what you say buddy, his monster riding girl is on here, no need to bring me into your spats with eachother ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Easy going there fellas

It looks like a tribute bike to the great Imola 200 win back in 1972 - the race that MADE Ducati....

From the pics it looks like Paul Smart is signing the bike as well!

An original 1972 750 SuperSport in good condition will probably be worth over $25,000 US.......

Who says that each and everyone of our Monster's should be worth more???

·
Registered
5 Posts
you better watch what you say buddy, his monster riding girl is on here, no need to bring me into your spats with eachother ;)
Vixen I know you roam in here. It is all said in fun. And your hubby there started it first talkin bout my wife. I was just poking fun. And besides you are a girl :eek:

Monstro-nero. peeterlover I mean skeeterlicker I mean literleaner and I are just playing nothing serious here. I owe him big for a favor he did for me before. ;) Its all good.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you may have misinterpretted me, it was meant in a joking manner, i see myself mentioned anywhere i have to get in on the action. ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I aint your da mn brother, homo. I know you like to think of me as that cool European brother who gets all the chicks, but come on man. I tell you what when I move to Florida I'll let you drive up and clean my bike ;D

·
Registered
669 Posts
From the pics it looks like Paul Smart is signing the bike as well!
Yes it says in the description that it's autographed by Paul Smart. Here's a link for an article talking about the bike he rode on that oh so glorious day:

http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/imola750.html

Here's a pic of the Paul Smart 1000 concept bike .. .she's a beauty!!

not sure how old that concept image is but here's the link to where i found it

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/paul-smart-1000/paul-smart-1000.htm

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine is still blue and white with all the other stuff, Signed by Eirk Bostrum, Must be worth at least 20K

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saw the bike today -

S4R with full Arrow, aftermkt slave, cycle cat clutch cover etc in red, beautiful paint job if you like a light metallic silver, Rizoma mirrors, carbon fiber bits, other, ... What does all that add up to? Add the Paul Smart/Imola ltd edition value - $0 to me but maybe worth something to someone else.

I am in the market for the S4R and liked the blue/white very much. I currently ride a Yamaha FZ1 and I like The FZ1's performance, comfort and reliability (first valve check at 26,000 miles) very much but it is a plain standard japanese bike. No character but then again no headaches. I was quoted a seemingly okay price on the S4R, maybe $1,000 off retail and no prep, etc. fees. Anyway, hope to be a Ducati owner soon after only riding Japanese.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts