Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2002 750s ie arrived last night.

I had not ridden in 4-5 years.. my last bike was a 1997 ducati monster 750. I had gone to the local Buell dealership, and tried out an XB9 before my wife surprised me with this duck. When I was riding the buell I thought maybe I had forgotten how to ride a motorcycle! It felt like I was fighting it at lower speeds...

I got the duck last night, jumped on and it was like picking up from the day I left off. I just cant find a better handling bike.

There are a couple of differences on mine that where not on my 1997 model...

First thing.. the flyscreen looks like an afterthought. (I like naked bikes, not thong-wearing bikini bikes) Is there are trick to removing it? I noticed there will be some exposed wiring if I do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also.. looks like it has some sort of emissions thing on the right side of the bike, under the seat.... Whats up with that? is this a california model or something? Any tricks to removing it?

This one just seems a little bulkier in the lines that the 750 I had. I want to start taking parts off, slimming it down...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your wife suprised you with the bike? Does she have a sister? ;)
I took my lil' faring off last weekend. I had to remove the headlight to get a wrench on the inside faring nuts. All in all it took about 5 minutes. I covered the exposed wires with some electricians tape.
I must tell you, I put the faring back on after a couple of days. It really does deflect some of the wind. Without the faring my chest was splattered with bugs and more on the helmet as well. The prices we pay to look cool..... 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Without the faring my chest was splattered with bugs and more on the helmet as well.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My old one did not have a fairing... I liked the way it looked, and I kind of like getting beat up by the wind.

I rode the old unfaired one to get some beer one summer night a long time ago... I pulled in, thinking I was pretty cool, noticing how all the girls were looking at me. I got the beer, went up to the register that had the cute girl, thinking that she would see the helmet and immedietly want me.
She looked up, smiled, then had a look of horror....

Lesson learned: Summer nights + large North Carolina bugs + white t-shirt = disgusting paste of bugs all over chest. Not a turn on for most chicks.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Are you interested in selling the fairing? I'm trying to get one!

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Also.. looks like it has some sort of emissions thing on the right side of the bike, under the seat.... Whats up with that? is this a california model or something? Any tricks to removing it?
There have been several posts about this in the past but I couldn't find any when searching ??? Easy to do though.
Ah here's a link
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jerseyjeffshinn/lst?.dir=/carbon+can+removal&.view=t
I recommend you cut the aluminum bracket that holds the canister or just bend it back and forth until it breaks then clean it up with a dremel tool. This way you don't have to remove the rearset and find a spacer to keep the alignment the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts