Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really starting to hate the state I grew up in, Maine. They are coming out with some BS new laws regarding motorcycle inspections. One law that just passed limits exhaust noises to no louder then stock, which isn’t horrible because I think most shops will pass you if it not ridiculously loud like strait pipes, or if you buy it from them. But the law that really has my pissed off is effective 2012 your inspection sticker has to be displayed on your bike so that in can be viewed from the rear. And here is there solution.
Here is the actual wording of LD1675:

" . . . The certificate of inspection must be kept with the registration certificate of the motorcycle and the official inspection sticker must be affixed to the rear of the motorcycle:
A. On a mounting plate that must be securely fastened to the motorcycle frame or similar integral component of the motorcycle; or
B. On a rear fender or similar frame or integral body part of the motorcycle.
The official inspection sticker must be located so that it is completely and clearly visible from the rear of the motorcycle and may not be affixed to the registration plate.

Hope you don’t care about your paint job ‘cause every year its going to scraped with a razor blade and a new sticker put on, Or some ugly ass bracket hanging off the ass end

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About 3"x2.5" I dont see why we cant do what I think Mass does and have a small one on the license plate. I really hope something changes between now and 2012:(

·
Registered
83 Posts
About 3"x2.5" I dont see why we cant do what I think Mass does and have a small one on the license plate. I really hope something changes between now and 2012:(
Yes I'm from Mass dont live there now but they do put the month sticker and the year sticker on the plate same with S.C and many more. That is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. I would go register in another none idiot state.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts