Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get an Italian motorcycle plate? I'm looking for one of the newer EEC type plate with the BO city designator. I'm also looking for one of the 6 sided (house with a flat roof type) Italian scooter plates for my Vespa.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As Far as I know thats a no no in Italy. I wanted one a few years back for my car. Asked my Bro in Law in Italy to try and get one. From what I can remeber of that conversation yrs ago supposedly its again State law to have posession of plates not belonging (ie atttached) to vehicles. Of course this does not mean its impossible to get one. A quick trip to Bologna and a screw driver should do the trick ;D Kiddin aside Perhaps laws have changed since then I could ask him this weekend when i call my sis. And post the updated response for you
JP

A

·
0 Posts
I'm going to Bologna in June. ;)

I have a friend on ducatilife.it maybe he can get his hands on one for you? I'll ask.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
In europe it is a little different than in the states. The license is with the vehicle, not the owner. So in theory, you never trade plates in, they go with the car. Also, they are not screwed on, they are normally riveted on.

mitt

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response folks. I thought about the screwdriver method when I was in Italy, but didn't like the Karmic implications of nicking one myself. If I didn't know where it came from.... I am willing to throw some $ or Euros at this situation to grease the skids. ;)
I am primarily interested in a 6 sided scooter plate, so if anyone can hook me up, I'd be greatful.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Roberto, if you were being funny, a smiley would have convayed your tone nicely.
Since I neither "pose", nor frequent Strarbucks, your question is irrelevant.
I am of the opinion that 60+MPG, secure storage, parkablity, and one less car on the road make a scooter a viable commuter option.
Sooo... got a 50cc plate you want to get rid of? ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't mind Roberto he is obviously mad at life. Poor guy. Come here and let "DUC" give you a hug. UUUUUUMMMMM doesn't that feel better Rolfo. Want a cafe latte?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just looking at an Italian license plate board(I need more of a life :'() and read that moped plates are personal, transferable, and the owner can keep the plate after the moped is sold.
So iif anyone has contacts in Italy, would you please ask around?

PS...DUC!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi Mark. I'm the other Roberto and I also have a Vespa. Have you called the guys at Vespa Motorsports in San Diego? It seems to me they are very helpful and there isn't a lot they can't get a hold off. Maybe you can work something out with them.

chi "Vespa" mangia le mele
(chi non "Vespa" no)

Regards,

Roberto

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for jogging my memory Roberto. I've ordered from them in the past but didn't even think about calling them.
Your not the "other" Roberto. Your Roberto, he's the "OTHER" Roberto ;)
Apples are good ;D

Just tried Vespa Motorsport and they don't where to get any.
Good idea though.
Thanks R.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lets see, I could try and find the old plate off my 150c.c. Kymco, or ask my girlfriend for the little plate from her Ciao, or my other friend for the plate off of his old 50c.c. Peugot...

But why? Why do you want it? What reason other than posing? I am open-minded. A good response could get you somewhere, I promise.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow! This Roberto guy is really something else. I've been flipping through posts today and I don't think I've ever seen a bigger a**hole on DML! It's unbelievable! I bet he got picked on as a kid. Why else the attitude? But I forgot, everyone is a tough guy typing on the web.................................................................................................................................................DUC!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Lets see, I could try and find the old plate off my 150c.c. Kymco, or ask my girlfriend for the little plate from her Ciao, or my other friend for the plate off of his old 50c.c. Peugot...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Roberto, I like to collect license plates and I also like to put a plate from the country of origin on my bikes when I take them to bike shows and rallys. I don't really look at it as posing, it's just another facet of a hobby I enjoy. If you have a 50 cc moped plate you would like to get rid of, please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mark sir I applaud you on your patients with that Roberto guy. Good luck in your search. And if you take your Vespa to a show and someone takes your picture by the bike aren't you technically "POSING" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ducducducducducducducducducduc DUC

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My bikes may pose , but me never. I'm camera shy cause I'm so fu<king ugly. ;D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts