Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those Italia-philes amoungst us, there will be another Italian Car Fest this year in Grapevine. Last years was a blast with lots of great cars and several bikes. In 2003 there was an Enzo, a F50, some Lambos and all sorts of other exotics.

This years event is September 11th, so mark your calendars now!

I am hoping we can get a wider variety of Ducs at this years show.

http://italiancarfest.com/

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone from around the DFW area interested in showing their monsters? So far the signup for bikes is fairly low, but most people were late entrants last year. I would realy like to see a good variety of Ducs there, so if you know someone who can bring a bike let me know.

If you enter your bike and stay there all day, there are a lot of cars to look at, you can hang out in the hospitality room, etc.

Lets show off those Ducs!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far the only bikes signed up are:
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
'56 Parilla Fox 175cc
'57 Rumi Junior 125cc,
'87 Ducati F1-B
'54 Vespa
'77 Ducati 900SS

Sombody want to bring a monster?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cars signed up:
'71 Intermeccanica Italia convertible
'73 Alfa Romeo Montreal
'67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
'65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider
'59 Fiat Bianchina
'73 Ferrari 365GT4
'79 Ferrari Dino
'02 Ferrari 575M
'66 Maserati 5000GT
'85 Maserati Quattoporte
'89 Lamborghini Countach
'03 Ferrari Enzo
'67 Lancia Fulvia Sport
'59 Fiat Abarth 750 Double Bubble
'58 Alfa Romeo Giulietta
'72 Maserati Indy America
'96 Lamborghini Diablo
'72 Pantera
'61 Fiat Abarth Berlina Corsa
'67 Intermeccanica Indra coupe

I am sure there will be a LOT more Ferrari's.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'll be there ... I'll be riding my duc ... but it is in no kind of shape to be shown. :-[

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few pics someone sent me from last year:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a few more bikes but the show will be open to bike signups from 8:00 to 10:00 Saturday morning - the day of the show.

FYI, 117 Italian cars will be there. Includes 2 Enzo's, a production F40 and the one-and-only F40 prototype/show/photo/press car (was driven by Enzo Ferrari himself).

Come on out!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Great pics Garrick. I'll be riding up there on the Duc for sure. Beautiful riding weather on saturday. I'm probably going to be taking ALOTTA pics. I've emailed a couple guys in midlothian to see if they want to ride up there as well so we'll see. Any other monster riders (DMLers) going that you know of?

P

·
0 Posts
there's no pictures of one of the coolest non-Italian car at the car fest....the Porsche Carrera GT parked out front as you entered....guess that was the best spot it could get at the car show. i'll post it if i can get the pic from my friend. nice pics guys! thanks

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you notice the note under the wiper of the Porsche? "German Car Fest"

P

·
0 Posts
nice pics again...

another thing that was in grapevine was the 8 th Annual Viper Owners Invitational over at the Gaylord Texan Resort. happens every two years and is put on by dodge... Vipers from all over the world and alot of them drove/trailered their vipers in. pretty cool i'll have to admit, this guy even fired his 1015hp NOS injected RT/10 with major engine work. that thing sounded MEAN!!! Also heard a superchargered viper gts from cali and hennessey motorsports' viper that runs the 1/4 in 8.93 sec.

after pickin' my girlfriend up from work at grapevine mills, me, my gf, cousin, and nieghbor rode over to the Gaylord to see all the vipers sleeping. check out the pics, some pics aren't good, camera was set on the wrong setting for night pics. http://photos.yahoo.com/pvn1105

·
Registered
669 Posts
Interesting. I was curious as to why i saw about 15-20 vipers in grapevine driving around that day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts