Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened. I went down today. No damage to me except ego. Bike faired pretty well for the most part. It has a dent in the tank and the rear brake lever is shot and I lost a blinker, but it could have been worse.

I think it was a combination of a lot of thing. Was one my way back from a really long ride, not much food for the day, and visor was dirty. I was on a road I had never been on and suddenly a corner that after the accident occured I was thinking was weak, but before looked bad. Grabbed the brakes and started to slide. It was all over from there. I took a flight over the handle bars once the front tire hit the soft dirt of the shoulder. Was maybe doing 15 to 20 when I went off the road.

O'well, I needed to have the bike painted anyway and hopefully this will teach me to slow down.

Does anybody know of a place that can pull a dent or use air pressure to get one out. I will also need recommendations for a really good painter. Hopefully I will not have to claim this on the insurance.

Things needed:
New bars
Dent pulled from tank
Bike painted
Rear brake lever
New blinkers all around
and might as well have the pipes cored while I am waiting for paint.

Everybody be safe out there. Out..........

·
Registered
461 Posts
You ride.
You fall down.
You get up again.
You ride.

The eternal cycle.

Glad you weren't hurt bad enough you couldn't write about it.

-Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dent in the tank seems to happen everytime. I dropped my bike a few months back, got the tank dent, bent handlebars, bent gear shift and broken front blinker. I have since installed frame sliders to prevent further damage.

ciao

Missy

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Now that you have christened your bike and yourself proper you can start with the improvements ! Glad to hear you came through with minor pains. NO PAIN NO GAIN.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago...... Bent the bars, the tank, and broke the shifter....

a fellow DML member sold me his old gear lever (thanks!) and I bought some cycle cat frame sliders and clip ons....... I'll be fixing the tank later..... as long as it holds my gasoline... i'll be ok =)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can you guys give me any info on what it cost you to repair?

I was in full gear at the time. Tour Master Jacket and Pants and Sidi Boots. Since I landed in soft dirt and grass, I had no gear damage.

G

·
How do you do a poll? I am curious as to what percantage of people here have crashed there bikes. And how many miles did they get before they did. I am almost 2k miles and no crash yet. But everyone says it's coming...

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I didn't have a real crash (tip overs don't count) for about 50,000 miles. Since then, I've had about 8 or so, 2 on the same day (trying to keep pace with my son on fire roads), most of them not very serious. I've got about 2000,000 miles now, I walk with a limp, have arthritis in my back from multiple breaks, can't straighten my right arm.......... oh well, I still like to ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.