Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. or other good places to toss something into oblivion.

Got some hardware that needs a cathardic hucking into some place where I'll never see it again. So I'm looking for some good places around here that fit that bill. Bonus if they are near some good riding roads.

I was thinking of Skyline... but that's going to be choaked with gwaking cargers this weekend.

Suggestions? Big quarrys, cave systems my do as well

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Harper's Ferry and that area of WV has some spots... the only one I can think of is too public though. The one I am thinking of is the really high bridge over the river. Why not come to Balmer this weekend to help Chris and you can play like a gansta and chuck it into the bay somewhere.

G

·
There is a quarry in Herndon right off 606 and 28 and another in Manssas right off 29 and 234. Both still active.

Also, if you want it gone gone gone, and wiling to make a little expidotion. There is a quarry from decades ago right off of 95 on the southside of the Rappahannock. I can explain exactly where it is if you want to know. Its all wooded around it and filled with water so if it goes in there its gone gone gone.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Liam said:
There is a quarry in Herndon right off 606 and 28 and another in Manssas right off 29 and 234. Both still active.

Also, if you want it gone gone gone, and wiling to make a little expidotion. There is a quarry from decades ago right off of 95 on the southside of the Rappahannock. I can explain exactly where it is if you want to know. Its all wooded around it and filled with water so if it goes in there its gone gone gone.
Ah that's where I keep seeing a quarry. I'e cut through there when 28 is all messed up.

And yes.. gone gone gone is the idea. But i don't want to have to hike though some shadey woods...

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I'm bored off my arse at work, and reading this thread... The thing that makes that pertinent is that work is the firehouse in Fredericksburg that's first due to that particular quarry. With that in mind I thought I might mention that 1) there is a statewide gathering of rescue divers there this week, so whatever you throw in is likely to be found (just in case that matters) and 2) if you haven't been there lately you will be sad to see that most of the woods are now being turned into subdivision. There is a gate up, but it's usually open these days. If I can talk me partner into it I'll take a look over there in a few minutes and see how it actually looks today.

There are other options in this area, depending on how for one is willing to travel....

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't really care if someone finds it - it's more the gesture than anything.

But, even though they don't weight much, I don't want to plink some rescue diver in the head...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just went down to the quarry (most of the way, road is pretty crappy at the end) and it's still pretty desolate at the quarry itself. The drawback is that there is no elevation from which to toss anything, which sounds like most of what you're after. Try "Quaker Run Rd, Madison Va" in a Google Earth search. That's one of many back roads in the area that lead into the mountains, and there are some pretty serious hillsides back there. Bit of a trip but it's a beautiful ride out there...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Greerzilla said:
Why not come to Balmer this weekend to help Chris and you can play like a gansta and chuck it into the bay somewhere.
i think the popular gangsta place to dump bodies here is actually gwynns falls or leakin parks on the west side of the city (near woodlawn)... however, maybe the bay is pretty popular also ???

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
slowduc said:
i think the popular gangsta place to dump bodies here is actually gwynns falls or leakin parks on the west side of the city (near woodlawn)... however, maybe the bay is pretty popular also ???
Maybe... I'm not from Bawlamer, so I wouldn't know specifics. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
517 Posts
Greerzilla said:
Maybe... I'm not from Bawlamer, so I wouldn't know specifics. [thumbsup]
no problem... it's not like i know where bodies are dumped in d.c., either [laugh]
anacostia river is my guess... am i right ?

just want to make sure yuu does whatever he decides to do authentically!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.