Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Is your bike named?

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  900Steve 
G
#1 ·
Is your bike named? If so what is it? Where did the name come from?
I am curious to see how many people here have named their bikes. I have seen many people mention their bikes by name. I have never seen this until I came to this message board. Is this a Monster thing? Dennis

#2 ·
Funny you should mention it. I named my bike Humbaba after the monster who protects the cedar forest in "The Epic of Gilgamesh." My friend, who rides an 83(?) Yamaha Fazer kind of feels like he should have a name for his ride now, but doesn't respond favorably when I suggest something from Star Trek

G
#3 ·
Every bike I have owned but my monster has had a name...and every time I bring it up in conversation with my best friend he's like "you gotta name for her yet?" I keep looking but haven't found anything yet... maybe Jabberwock... but it was slain....course it has been wrecked twice...maybe I should call it Matilda or something just so I can answer.

As for Xsr71X That is my 1100XX Blackbird...The plates should read "TKT ME"

My first bike was Missy for short or "The Mississippi Mistress" Complete!

#4 ·
Mine's nicknamed "Frankie", short forFrankencyclebecause of the culmination of parts from other bikes. If something looks good or will make it work any better or look any better, I'll find a way to make it fit. Everytime I put it back together and start it, I let out a cry of "it's alive, it's alive".

#6 ·
Bella Rosso....... Ciao

#15 ·
Lily, short for Mistress Lilith. Lilith was/is Adam's mythical first "wife" before Eve. Depending on your myth teller she was too independant and ended up "fallen" sometimes described as a demoness.

She's definately my mistress, or at least my life says so, and she can be devilish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.