Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lady at worked took a look at me in my "armor" and said, "I'm glad you are wearing that stuff. It looks like you are well protected." I said, yes...it's fairly sturdy.

She then said, "good." "I don't look out for you guys on the road. You need to protect yourself because I don't pay attention very well and don't look out for you guys." I was like...whoa. Can't believe licenses go to these people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
What state do you live in? Ill remind myself never to go there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
The majority of drivers don't look for motorcyclists. We all know this. I think she was just being honest, I'm thinking she probably hit or almost hit someone. :-\
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
195 Posts
DarkJedi said:
A lady at worked took a look at me in my "armor" and said, "I'm glad you are wearing that stuff. It looks like you are well protected." I said, yes...it's fairly sturdy.

She then said, "good." "I don't look out for you guys on the road. You need to protect yourself because I don't pay attention very well and don't look out for you guys." I was like...whoa. Can't believe licenses go to these people.

Put something in her coffee. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in the great state of Kaliforniastan.

Honest? Ya, but to hear it so bluntly was just amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
DarkJedi said:
A lady at worked took a look at me in my "armor" and said, "I'm glad you are wearing that stuff. It looks like you are well protected." I said, yes...it's fairly sturdy.

She then said, "good." "I don't look out for you guys on the road. You need to protect yourself because I don't pay attention very well and don't look out for you guys." I was like...whoa. Can't believe licenses go to these people.
i went on a sort of double date thing a while back, and the other girlfriend didn't quite know when to shutup

here in california, you are allowed to lane-split; after much discussion on 'how could it be legal' she proceeded to say that when a motorcycle rides by her in traffic she just wants to open her door and hit him.
needless to say, after an astonished glare and some more arguing things didn't go to well between me, another riding buddy of mine who showed up later, and her...

dumb bitch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,335 Posts
Best piece of advice I ever got:

"Ride like everyone on the road is out to kill you. Then you'll survive."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
DarkJedi said:
I live in the great state of Kaliforniastan.

Honest? Ya, but to hear it so bluntly was just amazing.
That's "Mexifornia" with our illustrious leader El Presidente Schwartzanager
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
NeufUnSix said:
Best piece of advice I ever got:

"Ride like everyone on the road is out to kill you. Then you'll survive."
Uh.. You may survive, but depending as to who is riding, others may not. If I actually rode like everyone was out to kill me, I'd ride with a handgun, punch out side view mirrors, kick doors in, and walk up to the car that keeps creeping up on my ass at stop lights and smash out their windshield, drag them through the glass, hold their mouth open and spit down thier throat!


I'm not angry, I just hate a lot. >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bahumut said:
Uh.. You may survive, but depending as to who is riding, others may not. If I actually rode like everyone was out to kill me, I'd ride with a handgun, punch out side view mirrors, kick doors in, and walk up to the car that keeps creeping up on I disagree at stop lights and smash out their windshield, drag them through the glass, hold their mouth open and spit down thier throat!


I'm not angry, I just hate a lot. >:D

I like you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,726 Posts
It's a shame that most of cherubs posts are gone. Something he wrote, helped change my line of thought on the subject, and, IMO, made me a better rider.

I use to ride more defensively, and by that, I use to think everybody out there in a cage, was trying to kill me. After a long ride in traffic, I literally felt spent.

Cherub, had posted something, along the lines of, riding as if you are "king ****", and you own the road.

I make people see me now. Highbeams.... pipes....clutch noise.... lane placement......pumping the front brake while at stop lights.......anything to make sure I'm seen. (cept brightly colored leathers >:D)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Bahumut said:
Uh.. You may survive, but depending as to who is riding, others may not. If I actually rode like everyone was out to kill me, I'd ride with a handgun, punch out side view mirrors, kick doors in, and walk up to the car that keeps creeping up on my ass at stop lights and smash out their windshield, drag them through the glass, hold their mouth open and spit down thier throat!
have you been stalking 2001cromo?? [laugh]
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,484 Posts
Bahumut said:
Uh.. You may survive, but depending as to who is riding, others may not. If I actually rode like everyone was out to kill me, I'd ride with a handgun, punch out side view mirrors, kick doors in, and walk up to the car that keeps creeping up on my ass at stop lights and smash out their windshield, drag them through the glass, hold their mouth open and spit down thier throat!
The judge says I'm not allowed to do that stuff anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
bobspapa said:
It's a shame that most of cherubs posts are gone. Something he wrote, helped change my line of thought on the subject, and, IMO, made me a better rider.

I use to ride more defensively, and by that, I use to think everybody out there in a cage, was trying to kill me. After a long ride in traffic, I literally felt spent.

Cherub, had posted something, along the lines of, riding as if you are "king ****", and you own the road.

I make people see me now. Highbeams.... pipes....clutch noise.... lane placement......pumping the front brake while at stop lights.......anything to make sure I'm seen. (cept brightly colored leathers >:D)
same here - cept the dry clutch :'(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
bobspapa said:
.......anything to make sure I'm seen. (cept brightly colored leathers >:D)
Yeah, we know what you save them for! ;D

David B.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top