Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Ducati Monster 750 Red
$5895
2600 miles
:-/ :-/ :-/

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... seeing it in person would help... any damage or problems aren't apparent on classified listings.

might want to check on blue book values also (online)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
For $5895 you could get a '02 or maybe even '03 620 that is brand new. Don't know what the numbers are but I have an '03 620 and rode a friends 750 and couldn't tell much of a difference in power...if any. And a new one would come with a 2 year warranty.

Does the 750 have any mods? Don't know what they went for brand new.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I just checked Kelley Bluebook and for the list for the 750 is $5865 through a dealer....meaning the dealer is including any prep and profit. So, at the very least $5895 is high for an '01 750 if you are looking to buy it from the owner.

I think a new 620 is a better bet at that price......

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!! It is through MotoPrimo here in the Cities... I'm sure that I can find one for cheaper if I go through a person. I'm not sure about mods and stuff only becuase the pic was under construction... oh well... I know that I was looking at the new 620's from last year and they were about the same amt, but I was thinking for my first bike I may want to start with a used one!! We'll see what happens over the next few months though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
There was a thread about a guy getting a 2003 620 from a guy named Al in New York for $5200 + Shipping, which seems to be really cheap.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That does sound pretty cheap!! Wish I would have seen it!! Oh well... my time will come.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I'd feel more comfortable buying from someone on this list than a stranger. This is a pretty tight group & I think that you'll get more honesty & a better deal than on average.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Desmo, wait until '04 then go into Primo with a wad of cash to wheel and deal with. They were pretty willing to flex on the pricing for me on a new bike. Just do your research, narrow it down to what you want. Just don't cave on the first good looking bike you see.

I still think you should at least look at the SV650. Granted it isn't a Duc but it could be a good starter bike for you.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'd think that if that is their posted price, you would have 15% to 25% to work down with, especially with a used bike, you know that they gave some schlub $3500 for a trade in, so even at 20% off, they would still make a nice tidy profit, just my .02

G

·
yeah my buddy just sold his '02 m750s to a lister for about $5.5 from what i recall. 6k miles, carbon rear hugger, "strati-fied" cans, and STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

the '01 you're looking at has low miles which is nice, but i wouldn't pay that much for it.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Check the DML classifieds too:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi
there's some bargains in there
there's a 00 M750 for $4700, and an 03 M620 for $4500
Wow, what a deal on that '03 620. I have personal knowledge that it has been well taken care of and is in perfect condition. In fact, I just saw it in my garage, :) I think I priced it as a pretty good deal. I would love to sell it to a DML'r. I'm just about to put it in cycletrader and offer it to the outside world. I'm going to hate to see it go, but looking forward to the S4 that's on the way.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Wow, what a deal on that '03 620.------snip------I'm going to hate to see it go, but looking forward to the S4 that's on the way.
WooHoo! I figured the extra HP would seal the deal...when's the happy day?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts