Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, long story short, the free play on my Monster 821 somehow has shifted to the very end. So, in the hopes of adjusting it, I looked through the owners manual, but to get the free play to where I like and where most people normally would have, my setup after adjustment looks a lot different than the picture on the owners manual. I am wondering if my setup is wrong/will hurt the clutch, or if this is normal with others and their bikes. Comparing tothe owner's manual attached, my 2 (Q) is about 2-3 mm, A is about 4-5 mm, and 3 is pretty much fully closed.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
That is in my opinion... excessive...that much free play and you can't be disengaging the clutch completely...that said if that is how you want it...new levers are what you really want...I bought a 30.00 set on Amazon and I can keep the cable taught with zero Freeplay and have the lever exactly where I want it...the difference is absolutely noticeable in every regard...I strongly recommend it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is in my opinion... excessive...that much free play and you can't be disengaging the clutch completely...that said if that is how you want it...new levers are what you really want...I bought a 30.00 set on Amazon and I can keep the cable taught with zero Freeplay and have the lever exactly where I want it...the difference is absolutely noticeable in every regard...I strongly recommend it
I will look into these. I got the bike as is, I would ideally want to decrease the Q (Free play), but hmm, when I decrease that, the free play on the lever shifts up. With my current setup, when I release the clutch without giving gas, it rolls, and shuts off when extended all the way without gas. Before, it would keep rolling when I released the clutch fully without giving gas, so my guess is clutch fully disengages, correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts