Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Rameses said:
You sure that's a monster tank?

The seat definitely is but I don't know about the tank...
I agree. If it's a monster tank it is highly modded. I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Monstermash said:
What a shame to put Monster parts on an SV. :mad:
funny you should say that. you can buy some parts for your monster at harley/buell dealers and bmw dealers... for cheaper than you can get 'em from ducati, even.

·
Registered
390 Posts
its the sucati.. the sv and the monster are kindred spirits ( is that weird... just wait for the dream catcher!)...i loved my sv and only gave it up for a monster..one can really throw those bikes around....

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I almost bought an SV while I was in school. I opted to wait until I got out, got a job, and got my M620. I figured why buy the copy when you can have the original.

I am still thinking about an SV for a track bike though... who knows. Maybe I'll go the tough route and fit 999 fairings on the 620.

·
Registered
390 Posts
the sv is a great track bike.... and not hit...could take both a 620 and 750...i know this is the wrong thing to say ...but I have a 900!.. but it's just not the same..like you said..it might as well be called the broke ass duc

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hey guys. That is my bike, well a project bike that I just sold.

The concept of the bike came from a fellow on speedzilla who started the project but had to move out of the country before he could get very far. So I bought it and went to work. A guy bought it from me in the condition you see it in. All it needed was a headlight, the exhaust finished side covers to cover the electrical under the seat, and a few other little odds and ends.

I think the monster tail helped out the look of the SV a lot. The idea of the project wasn't to trick people into thinking an SV was a monster, but rather to make an sv that looked better than stock with readily available parts. This bike is super light and is compact. It is hard to tell in the pictures but it is all really low with the top of the tank being the tallest part of the bike. Very aggressive position with the clip ons down there, but lots of fun. The front end is light as a feather and the rear lost a huge amount of weight by losing all the plastics and more than half of the sub frame.

I think the monster tail goes quite well with the SV tank and I do like the first generation SV frame very much. I'm not such a fan of the second generation frames. And we all know what a good motor the SV has. It is quite light - right at 120 lbs and makes great power for a 650cc twin.

Anyhow, I'm a Ducati man so I never considered keeping it, but it was a fun project that has passed through three sets of hands and is now going to be finished by a guy in Florida where the bike will be on permanent vacation in the tropical breezes, or so I'd like to think. I guess it is like punishment though as there are no twisty roads for it to let loose on!

The great thing about this bike is I had less than $2000 in it in the condition you see it in with less than 2000 miles on the motor and that included shipping the bike to me from Texas for $500! It would be a good budget project for someone who wants a great bike.

I'm glad some of you guys like it and can appreciate it for what it is - a tribute to the great Ducati Monster. I think that Suzuki was paying homage to the Monster when they "designed" the SV! At least they took careful notes of Ducati's formula. We just took it one step farther with this bike.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like it....would ave done it a bit differently..well filled in a few more things but definitely just work off what you did...looks good (especially from that angle)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts