Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
oh my. i wonder if ducati is gonna go all Harley-Davidson on them...

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
That is unbelievable!! I wonder if it will be marketed in Europe and/or North America?

R

·
0 Posts
To get to the link you'll have to cut and paste into the address bar and fix the asterisk that the e-censor inserted into "honda"

More derivative work from the world of fake Rolex watches and a trillion other knock-off things...

although a 250cc Monster is interesting as a concept for building a small displacement class affordable track-day screamer, or maybe a trials version...

hmmmm maybe Ducati is missing out on something here

N

·
0 Posts
If that is not direct ripoff of the monster I don't know what is. As for small displacement isn't there a 400cc in Japan? The last thing we need is people calling or bikes hondas!

·
Registered
40 Posts
As I said in the same thread on the NMC board,

I'ts so shameless Ducati should use it in their advertising. "Our competitors are starting to think we're onto something."

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sick man, soul-less bastards. Still won't have the beautiful sound, well unless they copy that too. Watch there will be a larger version of that piece with in 2 model years. :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Are Aussie $ equal to the dollar? Because 7,900 for a 250 sounds a bit nuts. But maybe I have it all wrong.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
now that's just ridiculous... But really it's getting back to the best of Japanese design and manufacturing philosophies: Take a proven concept/design and make it for less $...

This one though.. it's too close!

·
Registered
455 Posts
"Nothing to add and nothing to trim away - the revolutionary design philosophy behind the VTR250 sports is set to become the basic for all bikes designs."

Revolutionary design, huh? Those lyin' bastids

·
Registered
374 Posts
"The team took the highly developed motorcycle of today, with new functions and features and superior performance and threw the conventional concepts out the window, opting for a completely new design. "

Where have these people been for the last 20 years? Completely new design! WTF...

S

·
0 Posts
If Italy is taking foreigners for enlistment in an upcoming war with Japan,COUNT ME IN! :mad:

Pathetic really.
Do they really lack originality so bad they have to rip off Ducati?

Oh wait....

Harley has been dealing with this since the 80's......
Ronnie slapped an import Tarrif on them then,and it wasn't even close to matching the Tarrif imposed on US goods imported to Japan.

Now this.
Posers on Mini wannabe Ducs.

Swell.
S-28

·
Registered
668 Posts
They copy, they buy one machine, and make their own,
that is money business,
there is no shame,
and then there is a thing called Pride.

Pride is what I like, not too strong, but something to let me sleep over night.

If you see KIA Opirus or something like that,
luxury car that looks like Mercedes from the front,
and Jaguar from the back,
that is KIA

1 - 20 of 38 Posts