Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this bike considered the best/last monster effort?
Is it the ultimate monster?
Would it be museum worthy?

TIA for your informed replies

Bruce Robinson

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
collectible to me means very rare or will go up in value.
examples- race bikes ridden by foggy, bayliss, etc
-maybe- some of the special edition bikes with very small production-MH900, Bostrom 996, Capo M695
the bikes shown in the ducati museum are good examples

get a bike because you like to ride it...the value is in the enjoyment of its use

btw- i have seen bike outside of a museum i would consider collectible
Silver 916 special made at the factory #1 of 1. <drool>

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
no. i don't think you could call any monster a collectable. except maybe the first one off the line or the first prototype. there were just too many produced.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I have a white 2007 s4rs and my father has the 2008 tricolore. Side by side they appear identicle except he has a little numbered badge and I think a plastic chain guard I don't have. But I looked hard and that was all that was obvious on the outside.

That said, his is more valuable than mine. And if you wanted to put one in your living room on a stand, or in a museum, as the 'baddest monster', the end of the era, the last of the round headlights, the most refined bike from an engineering standpoint... I would argue THAT is the bike to have. In fact, that is pretty much the whole point of that bike. It was by definition a collectors bike; they made 130000 mosters but they only built 500 tricolores... and they make a point of which one you have.

...but unless you have enough money for 2, I'd do what I did; get one and ride the **** out of it:)

In short, to me, the 2007 and the 2008 are the same but the 2007 isn't worth collecting... It's not the last year and it is not a numbered limited edition. But it is just as good as a Tricolore on the road... Plus, I like my paint better:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts