Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im goeing to italy next week ! and I was wondering if the accesories wher cheeper ?? is it worth to buy it ther !, caus actually i wanted to buy the mirrors and some other stuff :eek:) !!

cheers

JoeGas !

·
Banned
551 Posts
Many people have gotten great deals on leathers in Italy. As far as accessories go - I think that you can get better deals there- plus you can get whatever the VAT is back in Italy.

Why not pick up a new bike while you are there too - you might be able to get a US reg bike that meets US restrictions - then you have a bike to ride while you are there and can ship it back to the states. I checked into it a couple of years ago and at list price would have saved a couple of grand on an S4 - but then you have to worry about taxes, shipping and insurance.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ciao,
as I am here, these accessories seem expensive...but where would it not.

Check the Euro vs Dollar rates when you are here.
Do some homework through internet to check out some prices.

When you are here, when you still have some money after all that wine drinking cheese eating and girls meeting you can go to Ducati store to compare. Remember to check your local dealers in USA so you have something to compare.

Wish you a great trip, avoid big roads (Autostrada) during weekends, it is almost the traffic time again...

Skier

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm so i should have wait for buying my leather jacket :eek:) !!!duhhh...

actually i m living in switzerland not in the states...and i m goeing into my familly near Venezia a place named Pordenone !! at least 8 years I haven t been ther ;) ... Do you know it ???

I will get the prices form my local dealer...and will see...
The good thing in italy you can always talk about the price lol ;o)...her in switzerland ....mechanics are such ass holes when you talk about money lol...

You are true not sure that some money will be left !!!
after all the chicks and tricks (including tons of italien icecream) lol

cheers

JoeGas

Z

·
0 Posts
HI,
I was there in July. Prices for accessories were pretty high at cycle shop in the Bologna area, especially with the euro/$$ rate as it is at present. We were lucky enough to be allowed in the Ducati employees shop at the factory, they had some good deals on some items.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
when i leved in naples, everything you purchase there was more expensive than in US, but the labor was absurdly cheap. but, the actual motorcycles were a little less if you could find a way to avoid paying italian tax. of course, back then, the dollar bought 1800 lira, not .90 euro like now.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I lived there for 5 years, and I can say that on certain things you can get great deals. As for parts and bikes, a little more expensive.

M

·
0 Posts
A couple friends of mine got some Dianese leathers for extremely cheap on a trip to italy. If it's italian made, it should be cheap there. Other than that, it's no different than anything else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI,
We were lucky enough to be allowed in the Ducati employees shop at the factory, they had some good deals on some items.
Chris
Cool, Wher is the factory of ducati, can We enter ther jusst by goeing ther...or make reservation to visit ????and then go to the shop ;) .... actually I m goeing near Venezia !! is it far from ther ???

damn for the dinese jacket i jusst baught mein her for 550 $ lol

Per haps for me is better cause I have SFr and it s quiet high !!!

Does it exist a kind of market for bikes or something like that :eek:) ???? Do you know good shops ?

cheers

JoeGas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts