Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I wear Triumph riding gear on a Ducati?

Do people get beat up for doing such a thing? ??? :eek:

I gotta ask because I really like a lot of their riding gear.

Will I be ostrisized for the rest of my life forced to ride on dark back roads with no twisties? Will my Duc cease to function when I wear the jacket? Will it run away from home in fear and embarassment? Will I disapear in a cloud of ninja smoke *poof!* never to be seen or heard from again? :eek:

;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
You might blow up!! ;D

H

·
0 Posts
I think, in addition to you being vaporized, the Ducati Gods of Thunder will also go after your friends and family.

Moto Guzzi also has some nice conservatively styled gear. The dealer out my way has some on closeout.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You'll look like a bull rider when the Monster tries to buck you off, just stay on for 8 seconds! :eek:

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
put ductape over the Triumph logos
No pun intended I assume????

You might look like a dork, just like all the metric cruiser guys wearing harley gear!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, Triumph is pretty slick with the way they put their logo on thier gear. Normally its just a small T in an inverted triangle. Some of their stuff they make it look obvious but they know people that ride other bikes will buy their gear.

Why? Because its good stuff.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I saw some Triumph gear here before I bought my jacket, and I really liked it too. But, I went with something more neutral though, so I didn't have to worry about being vaporized when I buy my Monster.

mitt

·
Banned
551 Posts
I don't think it is as bad as wearing BMW gear on a Duc. I mean - who wants to look all BoyScouty and sensible on a Duc. A guy I have riden with a few times does just that - on a 999 he had for a while no less.

I haven't seen the Triumph gear in person - but go for it - especially as it seems you are having trouble finding gear in your area. At least you didn't go to one of the Harley dealerships in your area and pick up some buttless chaps and a leather vest.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
At least you didn't go to one of the Harley dealerships in your area and pick up some buttless chaps and a leather vest.
Fu*k, you mean I have to return those.

mitt

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a pair of Triumph gloves. The monster does'nt seem to mind. They're terrible though, all the black dye came off on my hands, and the gloves are now a brownish-pink color (so are my hands :eek:). Looking for a new pair...

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WHOA! That ain't cool. :eek:

I was thinking of getting a pair too. Maybe I'll spring for the Dainese when it comes down to the gloves. ;D

S

·
0 Posts
You know what? Wear whatever you want. I have several bikes and my Ducati is just another bike that I love to ride and I don't have a different outfit for each bike and brand. If there are posers out there who would ostricize you because of your gear then ride alone, you'll enjoy it anyway! It's all about riding and enjoying. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts