Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas- Thought Id sign on to vent and get some moral support...Ive been avoiding even looking on the site since I havent had my bike.

Is my monster 620 always going to be this unreliable and have so many freakin problems? I have had the bike (working) in my possession for about 2 and half months since I bought it this January. Ridiculous. Its currently at MU getting the ECU replaced...sigh. Hopefully, this gets the bike working again. Patrick is not sure if thats what is causing the problem but is positive that my ECU is bad....so Im crossing my fingers that replacing it will do the trick. I LOVE the bike, WHEN its working, but Im starting to think I made a bad choice for my first bike especially with my current financial situation since Im having to put so much *&^#^@)! money in to it. 2300 dollars later after my crappy pulley screw debacle, it runs for a month before it stops starting and now its going to cost me another almost 400 to replace the ECU and I can only hope that it fixes the problem. Please GOD, just let this work and let it be the last time in a long time that my bike has to be in the shop. Ok...Im done ranting...I hope everyone else is enjoying their monster.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Dude, that blows. Have you talked to the guy you bought the bike from to ask if he had any problems with it? Maybe a wave of good things will happen to you next. I just got hit w/ a wave of bad. 1. hit a deer in my car, 2. other car got flooded the same night, 3. car got broken into yesterday, stole my GPS and radar detector. Oh yeah, and 4. sold my bike (guess that didn't happen to me, rather, I did it).

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
MarcoPolo said:
Dude, that blows. Have you talked to the guy you bought the bike from to ask if he had any problems with it? Maybe a wave of good things will happen to you next. I just got hit w/ a wave of bad. 1. hit a deer in my car, 2. other car got flooded the same night, 3. car got broken into yesterday, stole my GPS and radar detector. Oh yeah, and 4. sold my bike (guess that didn't happen to me, rather, I did it).
Marco- I am guessing it is all bad karma from selling your bike. So I guess that means you did sell it?

Dilated- sorry to hear about the bad luck. I ran into some with my starter, but that was the only big issue so far.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Things happen. My bike has run great since I put it back together the first time. But I've had my troubles. Oil leaks, battery probs., suspension problems,but it all works out in the end. You just gotta ask yourself how much do you love the bike? I've spent quite a bit of cash on my monster, and have been offered as much as 15,000.00 for it and I didn't sell. I never will. You have to work through it and know that the time you spend riding is much more precious than the time the bike is in the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts