Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just on the ducati racing page and there was a link to Alfa Romeo?????

is ducati owned by them? or vice versa?

just curious...i had never heard of a connection between them. i know ducati and fiat teamed up for the monster ed. panda.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Is Harley owned by Honda?

The answer is no.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
There is also a link to Alice and Shell on that same page
Alfo Romeo must be one of the team sponsors

Capirossi's future company car

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
800ducs said:
There is also a link to Alice and Shell on that same page
Alfo Romeo must be one of the team sponsors
thats kinda what i thought...

it just seems weird to have a auto company sponsor a motorcycle company...i mean, bikes and cars are different, but they are both transportation options....it's no honda sponsoring suzuki, but it still seemed a bit odd to me

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Le Pirate said:
just curious...i had never heard of a connection between them. i know ducati and fiat teamed up for the monster ed. panda.
..and alfa is owned by fiat.

this is just a co-marketing relationship. italian companies taking advantage of each other's global awareness.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
derby said:
..and alfa is owned by fiat.

this is just a co-marketing relationship. italian companies taking advantage of each other's global awareness.
As is Ferrari, and if you look at the sponsor packages for both teams (Marlboro, Bridgestone, Shell, etc) you'll find them strikingly similar.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Randimus Maximus said:
As is Ferrari, and if you look at the sponsor packages for both teams (Marlboro, Bridgestone, Shell, etc) you'll find them strikingly similar.
yup.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Sorry to thread jack, but that is one fine looking alfa! Aren't they coming back to the states in '08?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
OK, now that we've got that straightened out, is this car real, and will it be priced within reach or is it some concept supercar 11tyB$ BS?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Speeddog said:
OK, now that we've got that straightened out, is this car real, and will it be priced within reach or is it some concept supercar 11tyB$ BS?
click me

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
jagstang said:
Concept? They'd better build it, then!
i believe they've already confirmed that it'll be built AND that's it's coming to the US.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Cool, I can get one for $130 on Ebay. [laugh]

And what is MetalDuc doing in this picture?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
IZ said:
All's I see are legs for days!!
nah, they stop at her ass.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a) that's a badass car. i'm drooling

b) the drooling might be because of the hot model

c) hasn't alfa been "coming to the US" for 4 or 5 years now...i keep hearing about it, but they've never made the jump into the US market

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Le Pirate said:
a) that's a badass car. i'm drooling

b) the drooling might be because of the hot model

c) hasn't alfa been "coming to the US" for 4 or 5 years now...i keep hearing about it, but they've never made the jump into the US market
a) +1
b) +1
C) as a car company, would you be overanxious to jump into this market? The market has been relatively flat for the last 3 years or so @ ~17million new units per year. Look at the number of additional makes, models and segments that have been introduced here in the States over the last few years, and I can understand their apprehension.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Randimus Maximus said:
a) +1
b) +1
C) as a car company, would you be overanxious to jump into this market? The market has been relatively flat for the last 3 years or so @ ~17million new units per year. Look at the number of additional makes, models and segments that have been introduced here in the States over the last few years, and I can understand their apprehension.
Info like this is the reason I love the diversity of this place. We have people in just about every profession here!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Like the Monster, most Alfa creations have gotten it "right".

Back in the late 70s, my eye doctor had an Alfa sedan(can't remember the model) that from the factory was all tricked out with lightweight racing style seats and all kinds of trick stuff. It may have even been a 2 seater. Even as a little old Italian sedan, it just had the right styling and the function-over-form statement from all the little details that made it a driving machine.

For years I drooled over the Spyders. Just couldn't find the right one at the right time.

That new concept is one beautiful car!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts