Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at buying an '02 620 w/ only 3500 miles on it. the seller is the 2nd owner of the bike. i'm assuming it hasn't seen service yet because of the low mileage. even though it's not due for service in terms of mileage should i be concerned about replacing parts / servicing simply because of the age? the mileage indicates about 440m per year (not necessarily spread out). asking price is $3650. any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat. Just bought a 570 mile '04 620. Runs and looks brand new. Plan on changing oil, oil filter, air filter, and belts.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah. Its a little strange but possible. Especially if you're in a colder climate. I'm in SF, though and put about 1k on my bike a month.

I do remember my speedo cable breaking once and my tachometer didn't register any miles (nor did I see how fast I was going) until I fixed it.

As long as the engine sounds good, though, and starts up without any problems I'd say get it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought on 05 S2R in October 08 with less than 800 miles on it. Some people buy these things and never ride them.

I would think you would certainly want to change the oil and filter. Should probably change the belts as well just to be safe, and maybe the plugs, unless they look good.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Maybe tires too....
the rubber can get hard as it ages, and if the bike has been sitting in one spot, they may have developed a flat spot

jeff h
monsterparts.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts