Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to install a quick shifter for my 1200R track day bike here in SLC, UT. The local dealer says the 1200S unit is the only factory option and that one isn't retrofittable to a 1200R so I'll have to go after-market. They're indicating the only higher-quality option on the after-market is the unit sold by IRC; however, they also indicated it's not at all "plug & play" as advertised. Apparently when they've attempted to install the IRC unit on other bikes it's proven to be a very challenging install and difficult to configure properly. They didn't say it couldn't be done but they were reluctant to fully endorse it.

I've searched the forums and not seeing much on the subject so wondering if anyone can provide current comments from their recent install & operating experiences with the IRC quick-shifter? At $800+ it's pricey but I don't mind the cost if it proves to be reliable and doesn't cost as much to install & debug.

Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
822 Posts
I have a very long and let's just say interesting history with IRC that at this time I'd rather not make public. If you want to PM me, I'd be happy to talk to you about it in the hopes that it will lead you to the best solution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm wanting to install a quick shifter for my 1200R track day bike here in SLC, UT. The local dealer says the 1200S unit is the only factory option and that one isn't retrofittable to a 1200R so I'll have to go after-market. They're indicating the only higher-quality option on the after-market is the unit sold by IRC; however, they also indicated it's not at all "plug & play" as advertised. Apparently when they've attempted to install the IRC unit on other bikes it's proven to be a very challenging install and difficult to configure properly. They didn't say it couldn't be done but they were reluctant to fully endorse it.

I've searched the forums and not seeing much on the subject so wondering if anyone can provide current comments from their recent install & operating experiences with the IRC quick-shifter? At $800+ it's pricey but I don't mind the cost if it proves to be reliable and doesn't cost as much to install & debug.

Thanks for any info.
I only have a 2014 Monster 1200s and installed a Healtech quick shifter. It was around $500 AUD and I installed it myself. It’s a plug and play unit and shifts are adjustable via an app. It doesn’t feature Autoblip downshift but It may be worthwhile reaching out to them and ask if they have something which suits the R version.

·
Super Moderator
822 Posts
I tried to start a convo with you @DucatiTerminator but it wouldn't allow me to send the message, it said I am not allowed to start a convo with you. I then tried to send it to @RogerH instead and it went through... not sure why, but if you guys could add me into your conversation I'd appreciate it!
I sent you a message to which you should be able to reply.

·
Super Moderator
822 Posts
I only have a 2014 Monster 1200s and installed a Healtech quick shifter. It was around $500 AUD and I installed it myself. It’s a plug and play unit and shifts are adjustable via an app. It doesn’t feature Autoblip downshift but It may be worthwhile reaching out to them and ask if they have something which suits the R version.
IIRC, Hungarian engineer/company that makes some solid product, though I don't have any experience with their QS.

FWIW, I'm trying to work out a group buy (as long as it doesn't violate any forum/manufacturer policies) with Annitori who also makes solid product. It is also plug and play for S/R models, app adjustable, and reliable. I've used several of these on different bike models with great success.

I'm a bit old school and did the bulk of my performance riding when QS was upshift only. I'm not knocking QS's that are bidirectional, but IMO Autoblip is a bit overrated. In my experience, they work great when they are OEM and tied into the ECU, but not nearly as well when the QS is aftermarket. My .02

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks for any info.
I have installed IRC blipper on my M1200R. Before I found the correct parameter setting it was a lot of hassle. After endless try and fail, I found that my problems was related to vibrations and how sensitive load..

I am also familiar with CNC racing QS (same as IRC, branded CNC racing). Less hassle to find correct settings.

Both works perfect now.

I`ve herard posetive words about Additore QS also. Not shure if they make for M1200r (different plugs)

·
Registered
4 Posts
... After endless try and fail, I found that my problems was related to vibrations and how sensitive load.. less hassle to find correct settings.

Both works perfect now.
Can you share the correct settings, or can you confirm the settings in post are correct:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you share the correct settings, or can you confirm the settings in post are correct:

I will check and share my setting as soon as I`m with my bike. Tomorrow I guess.
If I remember correctly it not far from recommended, only higher load settings and lower settings for blipper rpm.

I only have settings for the blipper. The bike with CNC racing/IRC QS are sold (friend`s previous bike).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts