Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a tidy solution to mount an iPhone on a 2016 Monster 1200R so it can be seen for navigation needs?

Thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
41 Posts
a word of warning, the quadlock in my opinion is too rigid and can cause the image stabilizer on the iphone cameras to break. happened to my friend and if you do a search, its quite common.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
a word of warning, the quadlock in my opinion is too rigid and can cause the image stabilizer on the iphone cameras to break. happened to my friend and if you do a search, its quite common.
As I understand this is only been reported on later iPhones (X and 11), and includes other bike mounts (RAM, etc.) that have experienced the same issue. Fingers are pointing to newer iPhone camera lenses

Quad Lock has announced they will be coming out with a vibration dampener to deal with it, but not sure if that will solve the problem. People with earlier iPhones have not experienced the issue with bike mounts as far as I know.

Reactions: mahtin and speedm

·
Registered
41 Posts
As I understand this is only been reported on later iPhones (X and 11), and includes other bike mounts (RAM, etc.) that have experienced the same issue. Fingers are pointing to newer iPhone camera lenses

Quad Lock has announced they will be coming out with a vibration dampener to deal with it, but not sure if that will solve the problem. People with earlier iPhones have not experienced the issue with bike mounts as far as I know.
yes, iphone X and newer. i've been lucky with my ram mounted x grip which i think absorbs enough vibration, hopefully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This has also been reported for the SP Connect mounts. They came out with an anti-vibration piece that you can add to their mounts to help prevent camera image stabilizer damage.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use the Ram mount on my Monster for my GPS. This is the cradle style. I believe thay make one for the iPhone too. I use the x-grip style in my plane for my phone or tablet, but wouldn't trust the x-grip on a bike with hitting bumps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use the Ram mount on my Monster for my GPS. This is the cradle style. I believe thay make one for the iPhone too. I use the x-grip style in my plane for my phone or tablet, but wouldn't trust the x-grip on a bike with hitting bumps.
View attachment 225031
i've used the x grip for years on different naked bikes (phone sitting in the wind) and never had an issue with my phone getting dislodged. phone has always had a rubbery case, which probably grips well with the rubber mounting points of the x grip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts