Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Deals Gap trip got me to thinking. (actually Keith brought it up) he wants to go 07 but with the Deals gap thing the same month, I'm suggesting '08 that'd give people plenty of time to plan. Would anyone else be down? I think it'd be a killer time........actually I KNOW it will be!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I can picture it now, all of us over there......

sh!t......we'd end up in some deep dark prison for sure! >:D

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think about how bad ass that cheesy video is, if they captured that much badassedness in that little video, imagine how bad ass it is being there in that whole environment totally enveloped in badassedy. Keith and I are there in '08 you suckas got plenty of time to plan.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Yeah, count me in! I always wanted to ride in that one...120 mph around an island 4 or 5 times [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm pretty much going to watch, but from what I understand they do have a time when you can ride the course. (*ride* not race!)

Are you serious that you'd wanna go check it out though?

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Watched it on TV a few times (several years ago) and think it is a great race...guys literally flying past houses, stone walls and into the clouds at WOT... [thumbsup]

(Didn't a marshall get killed this year by a bike?)

Beautiful part of the world, too (well, I like it)

I'll bring my golf clubs and hit the links around Ireland and the UK...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They say that race usually claims ~1 life per year. Definitely crazy stuff. I bet the atmosphere is indescribable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
One of the CAMers down here is in the works of planning a trip out there for the 07 or 08 race. He's talking about flying into Italy. Renting bikes and riding across Europe and the taking the ferry to England and the to the IOM. His trip entails stops at major racetracks, factories, things like that.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
i'm planning a trip to my couch and dlp tv to watch, if anyone wants to join me on my endeavor, you're more than welcome ;)

in all honesty, it does sound like an awesome trip, it would be awesome to see those awesome riders in thier awesomeness. I dont think we can really tell how awesome it is without seeing the awesomeosity in person!

Justin...put the .45 away.... haha! :) ;) the badassedness had me cracking up

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually it's not that bad, there's still places available for this year, infact they have a whole forum dedicated to people making connections for accomedations.

http://www.iomtt.com/forums/26/ShowForum.aspx

Tellin' you guys.........It's all fun and games till you're bored at home and decide to click on a IOMTT webcam and see me drunk for the 1st time! hahaha

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yeah......that's how you end up in a hostel just like the one in the movie "Hostel". [laugh]

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bah 36 years w/o ever being drunk, I doubt I'll start now. Next time we're all together I gotta telll you guys my movie idea where I get captured by the "Am" maybe I'll just start a new thread in a little bit, it rocks though.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Sorry....should have did a quote on that. I meant the part about people making accomodations for others to stay while visiting. That's what I meant by ending up in a hostel. ;)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Justin Sain said:
Bah 36 years w/o ever being drunk, I doubt I'll start now. Next time we're all together I gotta telll you guys my movie idea where I get captured by the "Am" maybe I'll just start a new thread in a little bit, it rocks though.
we have a camerman and a dj already in DeVal, we could make a movie for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
sodark said:
we have a camerman and a dj already in DeVal, we could make a movie for sure.
can i be the nerdy guy trying really hard to fit in that eventually learns that he is fine just the way he is leadigng to his eventual acceptance by the group because he decided hedoens't want to hang out with them anyways?

i'll pay spankee to hang out with me and make me popular by association. ;D [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
[laugh]

Good idea. We need to start copyrights on these ideas. ;)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
KnightofNi II said:
can i be the nerdy guy trying really hard to fit in that eventually learns that he is fine just the way he is leadigng to his eventual acceptance by the group because he decided hedoens't want to hang out with them anyways?

i'll pay spankee to hang out with me and make me popular by association. ;D [thumbsup]
I didn't think we wanted to do a biography. Its much too believeable

1 - 20 of 22 Posts