Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello All ;D. I'm Shaun and I live in Dunwoody. Right now I'm in Iraq with the National Guard, but we should be home in a few months. Unfortunately, I don't have a Monster yet. :-[ I plan to trade in my Kawasaki Z1000 for a Duc as soon as possible though. Either a Monster 696 or Sport Classic GT1000.

If I get a Sport Classic can I still hang out on the Monster forum?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Backhome77 said:
Hello All ;D. I'm Shaun and I live in Dunwoody. Right now I'm in Iraq with the National Guard, but we should be home in a few months. Unfortunately, I don't have a Monster yet. :-[ I plan to trade in my Kawasaki Z1000 for a Duc as soon as possible though. Either a Monster 696 or Sport Classic GT1000.

Better chance if you get the SC than the 696 [laugh] [laugh] That's kind of an odd either/or don't you think? 696 or GT 1000... I can see s2r1k vs sport 1000 vs GT1000

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Backhome77 said:
I guess so.. but you'd have to stay in the back of the pack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's kind of an odd either/or don't you think? 696 or GT 1000
Kinda. I could bore you with my decision making process, pros and cons, yada yada, but that would take a while, and be way of topic. Lets just say I want a Ducati. I don't want a fairing. (I'm a naked man. ;)) These two seem the best options for my needs and constraints.

I guess so.. but you'd have to stay in the back of the pack.
Yep, I'm already used to this kind of treatment.

Thanks for the replies, and thanks to Scienceiscool for inviting me over here from the general forum.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
First of all...thanks Shaun for your service to our country! [thumbsup] It'll be great when you return.

Hi, I'm John and I live in Woodstock (NW ATL). I'm about 30-40 minutes from ATL w/o traffic. I've had a Kawi Zephyr (naked bike) for 12 years and now just got a '97 Silver M750 w/ less than 3000 original miles (it's a long story). I'm 44 and run my own biz

I'm currently doing things to my bike right now. I just got it in late January but so far I've changed the exhaust, K&N filter, open airbox, changed the rear end behind the seat (not a chop), changed turn lights and will rejet the carbs and hopefully dial things in this weekend. Then, the next 3 weekends I'll be out of town. Plus, a Spring Break for my HS kid in there as well. I'm available during the week during days at times as well...not sure who else is though.

Anyway, I'd like to meet up with some of you for a ride but as I said my schedule's pretty full for the near future.

This board's been great...a ton of really good info!!

John

·
Registered
105 Posts
The club is having a ride this Saturday, which I will not be able to join. I might be able to ride on Sunday, yes I know it's Easter. If anyone is interested in riding or joining the club, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No beuno on this weekend... I'll be out tomorrow though. I'm taking my "good friday" and going riding, then fishing, then riding, then fishing and drinking... sometimes jesus works out after all...

Sunday I am finally suppose to meet some guy so I can buy his KLR650. I've been trying for a week now, hopefully it works out. I'm either buying that, or driving to Arizona to go get that Elefant that is in the classifieds right now. . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
My name is Mike, I live in Kirkwood and ride a black 05 620. It's my first bike. I'm the assistant manager at the Whole Foods Meat dept on Ponce. Hope to see y'all 'round

·
Banned
124 Posts
Mike0192 said:
My name is Mike, I live in Kirkwood and ride a black 05 620. It's my first bike. I'm the assistant manager at the Whole Foods Meat dept on Ponce. Hope to see y'all 'round
Maybe it was you I saw the other day. Friday night, riding up N Highland at the Freedom Pkwy intersection?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guy's, I'm not only new here on the forum but I'm a noob on a motorcycle too. However, I'm starting right...on a Ducati. More specifically a 2008/9 Monster 696 (White).

I know, I know, some you old school Duc folks don't like the 696 much cause it's to "different" or a rip off of the Brut. But I am one of those guy's who loves choppers cause they are laid back and tuff, but don't like the fact that they arn't sporty enough. On the other hand, I really don't like the ultra sporty CBRs and whatnot. So, the monster, was a nice meet in the middle. Honestly, my dream bike is a Confederate Choppers "Hellcat". But thats a little out of my price range.

aqnyway, I'm rambling and all i wanted to do is say, "Hi, my name is Josh and I'm in love with my Ducati."

:)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Welcome to the gang... Don't worry about the 696. Take it easy on it -- might want to check out an MSF course before you go pick up the new bike.

Who'd you go through to get it NPR Ducati or ATD?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am actually signed up for the Honda Course in Alpharetta for May 9-11th. I got it through ATD too. The person helping me out up there was very cool and great to work with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm Jenny. I live in Athens and ride a Monster 695, Dark. My husband and I have been riding for almost two years now. I've had my Monster since last September and to this day, I still hop off it with the same smile and "Wow" feeling that I had when I first test drove the 695 at NPR Ducati. I can't imagine what it'd feel like to ride its bigger brothers!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome Jenny!! Consider yourself lucky to be associated with the guys at NPR and all the riding options and groups you have access to.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Chris here, I live in Athens I'm a senior at UGA and a bartender downtown. Just sold my 06 Monster 620, red w/ white stripe, with Duc Performance ECU and Exhaust. Anxiously awaiting my new bike. I got an 06 Sport 1000 which is currently being painted 848 Pearl White with a red stripe and letters all outlined in black thanks to the great people at NPR. If anyone in the area wants to ride once I get it in, hit me up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey everyone, I am Patrick. I drive a 04 Monster 620 matte silver. I just started riding last summer and it is all I can think about. Feel free to say hello if you seem blasting around town. Also Thur night there is Euro bike night at Twains in downtown Decatur. It is a much more down to earth alternative to Vortex.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm Matt. I just moved back to Atlanta- been in Hawaii for the past 10 years. I've been riding Harleys for 18 years and I am also a Harley mechanic. In Hawaii nobody would work on Ducati's but me and after being around them for a while I fell for them. Anyway, I sold all of my Harleys before I left Hawaii and bought an '07 S2R 1000. Red with white stripe (black wheels). You will probably see me around town, I ride every day and I live in Va. Highlands.

I have a shop set up at my house, so anybody that needs valves adjusted or whatever just let me know.

I have been out Thursday nights, but I don't see many bikes. Is the cold scaring everybody away?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts