Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, well, we should get to know each other.

I'm Will, 21, living in Acworth, working at GA Power in Canton as a drafter.

I ride a black w/ white stripe `06 S2R 1k. I've had it for about a year and I'm almost at 10,000 miles. This is my third bike since I turned 16... started out w/ a `75 Goldwing (tranny blew), then moved up to the `86 Suzuki 550 (caught on fire, then me...), borrowed any bike I could get my hands on until I got the Duc...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Whoa Yes!

I'm Max, live in Atlanta, currently a senior at Emory.

Currently Riding a '99 M750, before that it was an 84 Honda cb700 and then an 89 Yamaha radian. Before that it was cars(Nissan s14), but I've been riding year round now for about a year and I don't see myself owning a cage anytime in the near future.

Because we all came here to talk about bikes I'll share a bit more about mine...it's become a never ending process. So far it looks like this...

Since that picture I've switched to mini LED front signals, removed one of the bar-end mirrors and added Ducati lettering to the tank . New picture to follow. [thumbsup] ;D

·
Registered
105 Posts
My name is, um, Carlos, if that wasn't obvious enough. Live and wok up in Alpharetta for Cingular, I mean the new AT&T. I actually work for a different company called Amdocs. Anyway, I've had by S2R 800 for more than 2 years, but since I live about 1.5 miles from the office, I do not put too much mileage on her, except when I head up to the mountains. Here's a pick.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all I am James and i work for ATD and ride a Multistrada, i would love to get out and ride with some of ya soon...I am also a part of the ducatimeetup and many other ducati forums as well as local boards...

yep my dog rides too ;D

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I'm Mike. 39 yrs old, vinings, software developer, in Atl since 96.

I'm very new to motorcycling. A friend of mine has some antique bikes that I thought looked cool, and he and I talked about doing some motorcycle trips through South America and stuff like that - only problem was I'd never been on a bike. So I started this summer and bought my first bike in July - a 2006 M620 - red. I'm totally digging riding.

When I get a little more miles under my belt, I'll be wanting to do some small group rides. I'd also like to hear about areas and roads that are good for a 2 or 3 or 4 hour ride. I've been cruising around the area west of atlanta - from Newnan, Palmetto (silk sheets), Carrollton, Rome, Cartersville - and found some decent riding.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Hi I'm Jake, 27 Grad Student at GaTech.

I live in Oakhurst (Decatur). I ride an 07 S4r that I just picked up. I have only been riding about 2 years with my first bike being a 03 620ie, which was taken away from me by a left hand turn from a neon this spring.

I have been trying to make the Thursday night get togethers but have been slammed with school or its been raining, but look forward to catching up with some other riders in town.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, Sam here. I'm 26, married, and I live in the sticks/Covington. I work at a Toyota dealer in Conyers right now but I also just started back to school at Dekalb tech. I posted in the other thread already, but it's about 10 miles south off I-20E Salem Rd exit. I'm rolling a silver 2002 Monster 750. I bought it at beginning of summer and put about 2200 miles on it so far. The bike had 5000 when I got it. It's got Termi pipes, bar end mirrors and some other misc stuff on it. This is also my first bike and I'm really enjoying it.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Hello all - My name is Nicola and I ride a red 2005 S4R, named Vito (yeah, I'm one of those people who names bikes). I in grad school at Emory and live in the Poncey Highlands area. You will often see me in convoy with a gray Daytona 675, ridden by my husband. I'll probably be regularly at the Thursday night Twain's meeting, although the last couple weeks stuff has popped up Thursdays and I haven't been able to make it.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Wassup. I'm Pete, I live in Candler Park about a 3 wood from the Vortex. I've been riding for a looong time, I'm embarrassed to say my age has a 3 and 4 in it (and not neccesarily in that order). I'm a limey and have lived here for 16 years or so.

Anyhoo, I currently own a MS4R, M620i.e., ZX-14 and a FXDL. My MS4R is usually stripped down in track prep these days so I haven't ridden on the road in a couple of months, but it's done a couple of thousand track miles this year though. Normally I ride my ZX-14 on the skreet, would you guys be ok with me riding that to meetings? It's a real pain in the a$$ assemble and dissassemble he MS4R.

See you out there and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Greetings all. Names Don, and I don't live in the ATL, but am a little farter south in Warner Robins. Married with 2 girls [thumbsup].Kind of boring riding around here and would love to meetup as opportunities become available. That is if you want an older 900SS in?

Sometimes ride to ATD or the Duckshop for things. So maybe we already met and just didn't know it. ;D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
chromekid said:
Hey all I am James and i work for ATD and ride a Multistrada, i would love to get out and ride with some of ya soon...I am also a part of the ducatimeetup and many other ducati forums as well as local boards...

yep my dog rides too ;D
how does ur dog ride with ya??

sorry to just poop in ;D and ya'll ahve some spankin bikes [thumbsup]
but im krystle and i live in HELL..i mean albuqerque ;D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whatsup, Ryan here. I have been riding with the meetup group for quite a while now. There are some great riders and people there and then every now and then we get some noobs that don't have a clue. If you can hang in the mounains you should join for a ride sometime. Thanks Carlos for setting this up, it's about time we got some local action on this board. I think a club is a great idea the problem we ran into before was insurance and some of the guys weren't interested in dues, meetings etc. I am definitely down for a club. I live in Grant Park and go to the V on thursdays if there are going to be other people i know there other than that I am down for meeting anywhere though, I just want to be able to get together on a weekly basis and do some bench racing as well as some rides/cafe racing. I ride a 06 s2r1k. Looking forward to twisting it with all of you!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey,

I'm Mike, 26. I graduated from Emory in 05 and been working there since. ER now cancer research at winship.

I ride an 06 s2r1k red and white (crashed my 06 s2r1k gray and black right in front of the hospital....damn freshmen making a U turn on clifton :mad: )

Got some sweet new front signals on the duc :D and working on bits here and there since student loan payments ain't cheap and I'm saving for PA school (hopefully emory)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! Do you ride up in the Alpharetta area? I've seen an S2R 1000 ride around, but have never been able to speak to the rider.

·
Registered
439 Posts
No don't get up there, so not me.

Who are the other Emory monster owners around here? I've seen a red and white s4r(s?) at the bike rack in front of the med school and a red and white s2r 800 parked at clairmont campus lots of times

·
Banned
124 Posts
the red s4r is me. i work in the woodruff memorial building, so i park in the new lot by the duc. the red s2r belongs to an undergrad whose name i can't remember. i think i remember seeing your silver one - did you park it across the street behind clinic A?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I did but that must have been before last may when it died...Got a red and white one now, but I don't ride to work anymore since I moved to Ridgewood and walk to work every day [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello

My name is Morgan and i live in Athens. Currently riding an 07 s4r. Have a 77 cb550 being "cafed" by the good folks at NPR Ducati and an 07 sport 1000s being set up to liking.There are thursday night rides from NPR to downtown Athens (the long way), if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey all, Mark here. 33, live in Old Fourth Ward in a house my fiance and I just finished (garages are good). Been in the Atlanta area for ten years, and work for a small software company in Midtown. I have had several bikes over the past few years:

1) Zook GS500
2) Zook Can o' Tuna
3) Zook SV650
4) Zook 'Busa
5) Monster 695

After a hard look at my riding style and skill, I chose the Monster. I've always loved Ducati, and the M695 is just a great all-around bike. Quite a change from the Busa, which was actually rather boring around town, and frightening in the mountains.

Love to meet up sometime.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts