Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's the story. my local dealer is going out of the ducati business "with extreme prejudice." i was told that as soon as their gone, i'll no longer be able to even get an oil filter from them... making the nearest places that do anything with duc's kansas city, or oklahoma city.

mid-america can bite my ass.

so i need a new source. does anybody know if chris at california cycleworks also shoots you a couple crush washers when you order filters and oil from him?

(you know, maybe this would have been better just to call ca-cycleworks about... but i also wanted to bitch about my dealer! [laugh])

·
Registered
688 Posts
Chris has always gone out of his way to take care of me. I can't say enough good things about him. Just ask him, It's always great to speak with him and a learning experience on some of the finer details.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Just give Chris a call

619-501-2466

Geez! Which is more sad I know his number off the top of my head or the fact I have my CC# on file there? [laugh]

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I ordered filters & crush washers from him recently. He has the washers but they aren't on the website. Ask for them in the comments/notes box when ordering. I think they were $1 a piece. I had a very good buying experience from Ca-Cycleworks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
+1 on Chris at C. C.

You have my complete sympathy on your local dealer. We have two here in Anchorage and they both suck when it comes to parts. They never have anything in stock. I always have to wait weeks. If I need an OEM part now I order from BCM. Even though they are 4000 miles away they are still light speed compared to my local dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I have had the same problem. The Ducati "Dealership" in Nashville is primarily a BMW dealership, and the guys there are real jackasses.

Very little help, and they try to sell you dumb things or have very few Ducati bits but are way overpriced.

On the other hand, I'm blessed with a shop that's just for maintenance, racing, etc: Corse Motorsports. The only Ducati's they sell are on Consignment. These guys do rock.

I order most of parts online that they don't have a direct hookup with and save them the hassle. As for the dealer, they don't get my business for free, it must be earned. And I'm not about to give them another chance. I'd drive out of state to buy a new Duc, just to deal with some of the dealerships in Atlanta.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
MonsterHooligan said:
I order all of my OEM parts from DucatiSeattle or AMS...and there is a Ducati dealer in my town (that never has anything I need in stock)
Ill agree with you there, hey wait! They have my CC# on file too. Im sensing a pattern here. ;)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
kbuddy said:
I ordered filters & crush washers from him recently. He has the washers but they aren't on the website. Ask for them in the comments/notes box when ordering. I think they were $1 a piece. I had a very good buying experience from Ca-Cycleworks.
that dang comment box always gets me in more trouble everytime i order something... err, or rather, makes things way more expensive... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts