Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on a 999s at Big Willow yesterday.....tried pulling the clutch lever, and I have big mits...it was very hard...guy said it helped him on starts?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One of my venders sells a cable clutch kit for the Ducatis...
It always seemed a like backward tech to me.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Why would anyone want to make their clutch lever less stiff anyway? I understand it for comforrt in a way, but for actual riding I wouldn't even mind if it was MORE stiff. My wrist definitely got sore for a coupel weeks after I got the bike, but I'm more than used to it now. Am I the only one who feels this way...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I dunno. I'm happy with the stock pull. Don't have any desire to have it softer or stiffer.

'Course I never complained about the clutch effort on my Alfa GTV6 either. Or the unassisted steering (which was festive at perking speeds when I went to 225s).

I'm not bothered by heavy controls. I figure, if you're riding in stop 'n' go traffic, you're pretty much boned anyway!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Why would anyone want to make their clutch lever less stiff anyway?
Well, I would. But that's not the point. This clutch was beyond stiff, way stiffer than OEM. This clutch required four fingers, deliberation, a sharp exhale and a curse to operate. How would that aid anybody with anything, let alone quick starts?

-R.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I don't mind my S4 clutch - except in long periods of stop-n-go traffic.

Can you say hand cramp? I knew you could...

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I have a non leaking clutch slave for sale if any one is intersted. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
849 Posts
While we're on the subject of clutch slaves - I'm seeing big honkin' ones on Monsters every once in a while. CrestGal has one of those, Yoyodine?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a more reliable slave cylinder and a softer, more consistent lever pull would be desirable as well, but it seems like the bigger cluch slave would interfere with my flipped shift arm? can anyboy confirm or refute that?

Thanks,

-R.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Guess I should've figured that you're not the type who'd stop with the mods at the clutch slave.... :-[

It's smooooth. And yes, GP shift. That answers my question.

Looks like our Duc will be ready for Sunday's ride. You should ride it just for laughs (provided you can get yours together in time). It's a tractor compared to yours.

-R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts