Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I was thinking that we should all hook up on a nice weekend at a forest preserve. grab some dogs/burgers/brats whatever and meet up for lunch. i wouldn't want it club specific, cause i know my friends would like to hang out to check out all the vehicles.

Old School Forest preserve is a really nice place in libertyville (right off the tollway and 176), all the picnic shelters are seperated by trees and stuff. there are fishing ponds there too.

if there's enough interest, let's hammer down some dates (sometime in May) and discuss who's bringing what! we'll also need a head count cause if there are more than 25 people we'll need a permit.

·
Registered
724 Posts
word.

mos def interested in the cookout...

and yeah, 70s this weekend. and my birthday on saturday. all i want for my bday is to go riding! lets gogogogo! i'm meeting up with a dude interested in my old bike, and would be down for riding probably around 2ish... any takers? :p

·
0 Posts
Where do you guys wanna meet at?
I'm thinking somewhere in the city, like Potbelly's on Damen.
We can get allot of attention there. Or even somewhere on Belmont where I saw all those other Monsters. I know they're gonna be around.

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I will be back and I'm always bank, lol. I'm up for riding anywhere. Women going to be in on this ride? I say we shoot for just a tad earlier, maybe say 1230 or 1?

Cax, Val, Sherdlyn (sp?), Roger, Mark, Jason... you guys all in too or what?

Keep your eyes out too for a Scott steering damper. I really like the way they look and would like to find a reasonably priced one.

·
Registered
724 Posts
word. sounds good. isolated t-storms so hopefully they're the hell away from us...

im supposed to meet up with this dude in schaumburg (aka shompton) around noon. i'll try to push for earlier...

if i was running late, maybe i can just hit up some celly blings to see where you guys are at?

·
0 Posts
Anyone riding Friday afternoon/night?
It looks allot better than Saturday, plus people might be out.
I want to get a bunch of us 2 getha and hit up Rock N Roll McDonalds and represent!

Jay, wanna sell that CF rear seat cover?

R.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I might be able to go out Friday night R but Saturday I will be working moving a gun safe to the house after work and I am thinkin I will be workin round the house Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
724 Posts
word.

friday night fo shizzle. i'll hit up the cell, R.

holy nice day out. im amazed my beer gut still fits in my shorts ;D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I land at mid-night. R- if you're still in the city I'd consider going for a ride. Yesterday afternoon the fiance and I went up angeles crest highway up to mt. wilson observatory. About 30 miles of twisties up to an elevation around 4500 - 5000ft I'm assuming. I was tearing it up in our rented camry, she almost puked on the way down. I was so tempted to go and rent a bike to just experience true motorcycling.... It was like 30 miles of sheridan road.

·
0 Posts
That sounds good bro. I gotta get to Cali. New England has it's strips like that. As I was riding in our renta, I was examining the roads. It's funny how your perception changes with new experiences.

Hit my cell. I still might be cruising downtown.

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I lost one of the plastic caps to my cycle cat adapters for my clipons. I've been looking but can't seem to find a replacement. So if it's cool with ya'll I'd like to roll out to MCC on Saturday. If they don't make the plastic caps anymore I'm thinking of going with these tops, opinions? http://www.cyclecat.com/dra1-1.htm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts