Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my intake pipes while the carb and cylinders are off of the bike. I noticed that the unused ports are simply plugged by bolts. This is not big deal, but I was thinking about cutting down those bolt so that they don't hang out into the airway, and appying some JB Weld to the inside of the ports and sanding smooth.

The whole point? Super effecient airflow. Has anyone else done something like this? Any input?

Thanks,

dj

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
this will have little (or no) effect considering how horrible the rest of the intake system is. i would leave evreything alone, personally. countless ways to screw up the flow through the engine via shadetree porting "tricks".

i know... i've done `em all. ;D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good points. I think I will cut the bolt down so that it doesn't hang out into the airway, but besides that let it be.

Thanks Chris!

dj

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
dj,

don't know what "unused ports" you're talking about. But if you mean the ones left over then the evap cannister is removed, you don't want to permanently plug 'em! Those are needed to hook the vacuum gauge to when synching carbs.

But you already knew that, didn't you? :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, there was only one hose hooked up, leading to the fuel pump. The other's have screws in them. I guess the previous owner may have plugged those. Either way, I think I'll just leave well enough alone. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts