Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do most of ya'll pay as far as insurance? Just trying to be as informed as possible.

My info: 23, no tickets, perfect credit.

I dont own a monster yet but i'm getting one once i can figure out my expenses. What sort of coverage should i be looking at. The bike i'm eyeing is a 2002 620 Dark. Thanks

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I am financing the bike so full coverage is required. The only thing I don't have is uninsured motorist coverage...

·
Registered
915 Posts
I pay 26 bucks a month full coverage.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Wow! I'm only paying a bit over $250 a year for full coverage. Granted I'm a bit closer to thirty and I've got 2 cars and renters insurance with my agent as well which might help. On a bike I'd always go with full coverage unless you had a $100 beater bike. Chances are a lot better that something is going to happen to it. Hell, you can run up a $1000 repair tab from the bike just falling over in a parking lot. I think it's well worth it to pay the extra for insuring the bike fully. Just my $.02. Cheers,
Hanns

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pay $34 a month for full coverage. 33 yo male with no tickets or points. (Looking for single Ducati female who will bake me cake and pie HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA). Remember to insure everything you own with one company. Much better rates if you consolidate. I put the house, cars, life, and bike all with State Farm and I am saving about $540 a year.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I pay $25/month, full coverage with SF. I also have renters, and 2 cars with them. I am 26.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I pay around $500 a year with Progressive (full coverage). I'm a little older than you (33), no tickets & good credit.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$357.00 per year with Progressive.
full coverage, but I am also 28, married with a child, no tickets or accidents, and MSF beginner course several years ago.

oh and its a 1999. not new by any means.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Six hundred something a year, 31 w/DUI full coverage. Progressive... Also have the 2 cars on there... Insurance price was one of my deciding factors when bike shopping...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
about $1920/yr w/ semi-full coverage. 21 years old, no at-fault accidents, tickets, good driver discount, etc etc. i hate progressive, but AAA quoted me the same, and geico's cycle-gard quoted me 3200 a year

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I pay $500 a year with State Farm, 300/300 limits, $50 Comp. deductible and $250 Broad collision deductible. If I dropped all of those to min/max as applicable, I would be around $300. State Farm doesn't care what type of bike, only the displacement; so the ZX-10R I just sold cost exactly the same as the S4R.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree MWB. Insure for a little more, just in case. Its not much more money for the whole boat. Check the 250 vs 500 deductible. The 250 only costs me 15 more a year.

Definetley shop around. Geico had the worst prices for me also.

I use Progressive. Local person and the least expensive.

Tom.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i pay 500 a year with progressive, i'm 24, no accidents, no points. I have an m800 with full coverage.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
State Farm seems about the cheapest way to go if you give them all your business. Also, shop around. You will see quite a difference between insurance companies. Some price by model and some by class (cruiser,etc) and some price entirely by displacement. Whenever I think about buying a bike I get the dealership to provide insurance quotes. As an example, I looked at a zzr and the quotes as I recall came in between 450 and 1800. I have been using Dairyland for quite a few years now and am happy with their rates.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I have been with Progressive for about five years and my policy covers multible bikes. My agent also provides other Insurance coverage for me; so it would be difficult to compare with your situation.you are in Indy, I'm in So. Calif. Location makes a difference, as well. As times goes on and you make zero claims and do not get ticketed, Progressive should apply a discount beyond 25 % to your fee.
Just call your agent or contact Progressive directly and get a hypothethical quote.
Progressive advertises in most motorcycle mags.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok, what gives here?? I'm 33 with no tickets and ok credit. I own an '02 S4 and am paying $1950/year with Progressive in Washington.

I've noticed everyone else is paying a fraction of what i am.

-free

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Free.........
"Nothings free"....But, I have a feeling you may be classifying your use as full time, commuter, or the like. Alot of us are listing our "use" as touring, or something like "classic" or "vintage"....in other words, not our main source of transportation.
Talk with your agent and/or Progressive directly and find out.
Let us know what info or feedback you get.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts