Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
My 01 M900 is $250 per year full. I pay like $350 per year for 7 bikes, 1 full, 6 liability only, both my wife and I as riders. Progressive multi bike policy. You're getting ripped.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hey Trumper,

I live near you (Los Altos) and have a smaller Monster (620). My insurance (Full coverage) is about $450/year with Farmers. But I also had to move my car over to them.. so I get a multi-vehicle discount, a good driver discount, etc.

I've only had my 'M' certification for about 2 years though. I understand it gets cheaper with some insurers if you've been riding for 3 or more years.

I'd look around if I were you.. when I was searching for mine 6 months ago I was quoted as high as $1,900 by Progressive for the same coverage I'm getting now for $450.

Best of luck. See you around town.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Progressive should hook you up if you're in CA. Try them and do it online-you can be creative about your history when doing things on-line :-X
I pay $600/year for my M900, but I live in MA. #5 in the country for high rates. NJ is #1.
CA is #24.
FYI

·
Registered
915 Posts
27 bucks a month...State Farm on my new 620.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
$76 a year, not full coverage though. I use progressive, I would suggest you shop around, there are way better deals to be had than that.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That's quite a bit higher than what I've been quoted for an S4R. Time for a new company

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK,

checked with State Farm, no selection for car & motorcycle (both at the same time) online so I had to email 'em.

Progressive wanted $950. Might be lower if I had my car with them? Couldn't do that online either....

So far, no luck. I guess part of my problem is that I have (and would like) full coverage. I don't think uninsured motorist or that stuff is bad, it's the collision/comp that's 85% of the cost when I break it down.

I'll keep looking I guess....

--Diogenes--

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I have all my bikes insured through http://www.bike-line.com

They are cheaper than when I had the bikes on Farmers with my trucks, but it seems like some people get higher rates and some get lower rates. I've got a few tickets, so I guess it's more location based.

They have online quotes for motorcycles, so you might try them.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope,

Bike-line wanted $1300. Yikes.

The big portion once again was comp/collision. Over $1000 just for that...sigh.

I guess I'm gonna have to bend over and take this one unless Farmers comes through....

--Hosed Hooligan--

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
my progressive is $2,160 a year, and shopping around didn't change that number by much. i have no tickets, have been riding longer than i've had a car, and have my car with them too. i live in oceanside, CA btw

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Geico gave me the best rate by month.

There is also an insurace company called Rider - see ad in Rider Magazine, they actually had the best rate but they wanted all of the payment up front. The comp/collision also covered up to $1500 in mods and accessories if I remember correctly. It was the only company that covered accessories that I talked to.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I called about 17 different insurance company's when I got my Monster last year. I got quotes ranging from $400-$7000 a year. Call around until you can't stand it anymore, you will find a deal...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Try going through a broker. See what they come up with. I never had much luck dealing directly with an insurance company.

G

·
I can't believe how much they're raping, I mean charging you! I have a $250 deductable, $300,000 liability, $1000 after market coverage, and the list goes on, for $430. It just doesn't make sense that they're quoting you so much...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Herb,

maybe cause your M is in the garage hibernating?

It's sunny and 61f here right now; I don't wanna think about Buffalo...haha :p (Sorry).

Sunny Tom

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
My 02 M620 was $380 annually with Auto Club(AAA). That is full coverage with $500 deductible You must have a car with them and have to be an Auto Club member, and that is a about $75 a year with RV and bike towing. I have 6 bikes, 2 with full coverage, 3 cars and a 20 year old. Total is $3500/year. Kid is $ 500 for his car, for liability only. One car was $1000 as I wadded it 2 years ago. They are a little higher for car, but much cheaper on bikes.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts