Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i know different area will be different.

I'm just curious how much are you guys paying for your Monster 696.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'd have to check but it's something in the $400 a year range. Not bad, although I priced when i was under 25 and it was rediculous. Somethink like 2k per year if I remember right, although that was a 749r.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

I'm debating which route to go.

This will be my second bike. My choices would be GSXR-600, Triumph street triple or Street triple R, and Ducati Monster 696.

So insurance will play a big part. I'm not a Huge sportbike person and was curious if whether the Monster or Triumph would be cheaper to insure.

400bucks a year isn't bad, but I am only 21.:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you guys saying $400 a year for full coverage? If so, I suddenly get the feeling I'm getting ripped off. I'm 26, paying about $1k a year for $1250 collision/$250 comprehensive.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Yeah full coverage, but I'm probably getting a bit of a deal. My house, two cars and three motorcycles on that policy..and I"m 30.

As for the bikes.
GSXR-600 - never ridden one but they're suppose to be nice.

Triumph street triple or Street triple R - I like this a lot but my wife could not touch the ground on this bike so I really didn't have a choice, I had to buy the 696 so she could ride it too. Also the R version is immpossible to find, we looked for one because they make it in a sweet Orange color but never found anyone who had one.

Ducati Monster 696 - love it, not as much torque as the magazines made out but a sprocket change helps a lot. Low seat, pretty good seating position, great looks and sound, and handles better than anything I've ever riden.

Good luck with your search and keep us up with what you buy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One place to try: State Farm. They base their rates on displacement only. I get cheap rates from them. OTOH, I am old with several vehicles with them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dr D is right State farm is the way to go. Thier the only ins. that does not classify a superbike I pay $8 more for my superbike than my monster 1100s

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm paying about $700. a year in MA for full collision with $500. deductible. And I'm a middle aged born-again biker!

·
Registered
67 Posts
$668.00 for both bikes full coverage 250 deductible and made a claim once on the 748 faring flew off on the highway. Someone wanted my Dzus clips

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use Foremost. They are a listed vendor with Ducati. They actually have a website just for Ducati. http://www.ducatiforemost.com/

My coverage is $400 per year with a $250 deductible. I dont recall the accessory and gear coverage amounts, but they offer replacements of leather, helmet, modifications ect in the unfortunate case you use the insurance.

Worth a look.

The other thing I liked was that they actually know about bikes when I called. I asked my Allstate agent about insurance and they asked me " Who makes a Ducati". Once i explained it she said, " Oh, thats those really fast race bikes that cost $80,000". Needless to say she could not comprehend the difference between a Superbike and a Monster. My coverage would have been $1200 a year. This is with a multiple policy for home, 3 cars, married, 38 y/o male with no tickets or accidents and have been a loyal custer of the agent for 20 years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No they don't split the displacement like that. Don't quote me on this but it's something like 300 to 600, 600 to 900 and 900 and up. They don't split 675 to 696. But they do look at your age like all the rest.

I will tell you this though if you shop around for insurance don't give your address to progressive. If someone in your household has them and you don't they will automatically add you to their policy and raise their rates even if you already have insurance for yourself. And no way will they stop until that person drops them. Just a little experience shared this happened to my son, So be for warned.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have all of ours through farm bureau (about $600 / year for the ducati) however they discount nothing for bikes with all our other policies. Long story short I am looking for a better rate. (I am in my 30's)

·
Registered
3 Posts
So a 696 monster will cost more than a 675 street triple?
This should be the case, based on my experience. I have two bikes with State Farm -- a ZX6RR (599CC) and a 695. Although the ZX6RR is significantly faster, it's cheaper to ensure based on the displacement. I'm not sure how much the age of the bike comes into play, but I know that SF is all about the displacement.

I got a quote for a 696 from State Farm a few months back -- for full coverage, it was $694.88 for 6 months. I'm 27 and have had one claim, so this probably comes into play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW,

I pay $ 166.00 a year for Liability and Comprehensive (Cash Value) and $ 1000 deductible with Progressive, 40 years old and new driver on motorcycles.

I have no additional Insurance with Progressive.

H2

·
Registered
67 Posts
WOW,

I pay $ 166.00 a year for Liability and Comprehensive (Cash Value) and $ 1000 deductible with Progressive, 40 years old and new driver on motorcycles.

I have no additional Insurance with Progressive.

H2
What do you drive? That sounds unrealistic maybe every six months but a year??? I'm 51 and don't get that kind of deal (no tickets in 6 years).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Take a free motorcycle safety class and you’ll get a discount almost from everyone, combine with other lines and you will save a lot. I have S2R1000 and I pay <$220 for a 1 year full coverage…the insurance for 695 should be less…

1 - 20 of 27 Posts