Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm looking for some info for what everyone is paying for their 1000cc monster or 999 SBK with full coverage. Any suggestions as to what company has the lowest premiums in NC and SC??

Also, I have homes in both SC and NC and am fairly certain that insuring a bike in SC is going to be considerably cheaper than insuring in NC, but I'm not 100% certain to this point.

I had a buddy tell me that full coverage on his 999S mono was 3,500/yr with full coverage. He's had some run ins in his 911S before with the law, though!

I have not had any accidents or tickets in the past 3 years, though. Do insurance companies look at your driving record from 5 years back? I had a bad stretch in 2001 with 2 accidents in the same year. (didin't sleep much in college)

·
Banned
322 Posts
I have a S2R1000 in NC. I am paying about $800/year for full coverage. I am with USAA and have my cars and home with them as well. I am 40 years old, have been ticket free for 40 years(knock on wood), and my only accident was my last Monster. It was parked at the time and I never had to involve my insurance company.

Ken

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I'm only on a M620, in NC, but my insurance through State Farm was $55 a month ($660/year). Recently I switched my car to them (house soon as well) and they changed their rates (increase for some, decrease for others) and now I'm at $38 a month ($456/year.) I don't expect the cycle insurance to drop anymore when I add the house, but it'll save me some on the car.

I consistently find myself happy that I got the 620 instead of the larger bikes. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am using NC Farm Bureau and am extremely happy with their rates and service. We have 2 cars and the Monster on our insurance with them for 6 dollars more per month than just the two cars were with Progressive, and Progressive wanted to charge almost the monthly total again to add on the Monster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.