Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
can you buy a cluster, say off a Sport 1000 *new* from Ducati, and have it mated to the stock ECU and keys?

·
Registered
24 Posts
wakaba said:
can you buy a cluster, say off a Sport 1000 *new* from Ducati, and have it mated to the stock ECU and keys?
Yup, I've done it. However, your mileage will reset to 0 miles.

I ordered it from Ducati Seattle and it cost about $250.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
GeorgiaDuck said:
Yup, I've done it. However, your mileage will reset to 0 miles.

I ordered it from Ducati Seattle and it cost about $250.
So you are putting a set of sport 1000 gauges on your monster? What year is your bike? Is it a straight swap? I am thinking of doing this with my 02 M750, I have a crack in my gauges that lets moisture in, and I wanted to know if the sport 1000 gauges would be a straight swap, but my dealership said they haven't done it, and it may just end up being an expensive experiment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
sonofthetis said:
So you are putting a set of sport 1000 gauges on your monster? What year is your bike? Is it a straight swap? I am thinking of doing this with my 02 M750, I have a crack in my gauges that lets moisture in, and I wanted to know if the sport 1000 gauges would be a straight swap, but my dealership said they haven't done it, and it may just end up being an expensive experiment.
Mine was an 03 Monster 800.

It was a straight swap but it took me a while to do the code with the key to mate the gauge to the ECU

Edit. Added Pictures

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
trendenoche said:
anyone know how hard it would be to mount a 2002 two gauge cluster( from a monster) onto a 2001 monster?

H
also an '01 monster,( depends on model ) has an analog cluster where the speedo is run via cable off of front wheel. The '02 has digital where the speed sensor is attached to the rear caliper bracket. just my .02
MM

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
that is EXACTLY what I am looking to do! Thank you GD for posting those pics up [thumbsup]

I have to buy new gauges to meet US standards, and I fell in love with them when riding a Sport 1000 and 1000GT during a ducati day here.

I am sure you could retrofit the digital cluster to work on the analog bikes, but would it be worth it? Are your goals to get the '02 cluster persay, or do you just want a tach and speedo?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts