Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???Hi there, i just got a kit termi that i was planning to install myself on a monster 695 07' , as far as i know , everybody has told me the kit is plug and play , no pc required.
Does anybody know for sure that is like that?
My kit came with the mufflers, airfilter, the ecu and a little bag with a endscrew(and cooper washer) and a electrical blind connector.
No idea what those parts in the little bag are for.
Can somebody please enlighten me ? (only if you know what are you talking about, with all my due respect).
It will also be extremely helpful if somebody can provide me with a link or website where i can get info regarding this matter.
Thanks so much in advance, UR.:eek:

·
Registered
635 Posts
???Hi there, i just got a kit termi that i was planning to install myself on a monster 695 07' , as far as i know , everybody has told me the kit is plug and play , no pc required.
Does anybody know for sure that is like that?
My kit came with the mufflers, airfilter, the ecu and a little bag with a endscrew(and cooper washer) and a electrical blind connector.
No idea what those parts in the little bag are for.
Can somebody please enlighten me ? (only if you know what are you talking about, with all my due respect).
It will also be extremely helpful if somebody can provide me with a link or website where i can get info regarding this matter.
Thanks so much in advance, UR.:eek:
I'll assume is a hi mounted kit, so, here's how I do it:

First of all, lift tank and disconnect the battery, I prefer to use a 1/4" ratchet with a 10mm socket.
Take seat off
Take beer tray off
Loosen screw that holds OEM mufflers to rear sets
Take rear sets off
Loosen clamp that holds OEM muffler
Pull OEM muffler off
Install exhaust hanger and slip on clamp, leave it loose enough so that the slip on goes thru
I do sand or wire brush the inside of the header pipe for better connection
Smear some exhaust paste on the header, not too much, just a dab all around
Install S pipe
Install slip on, remember to dab some exhaust paste
Repeat for other side.
Once all is installed, you might need to adjust position of slip ons, once you have them in your prefered position, tighten the clamps on one side and then the other.
Now, be careful here, now replacing the ECU; lift the ECU locks, be careful, there's a small wire connected to the ECU, disconnect this wire; now, unscrew ECU from base and clean base; apply some heat paste and place new ECU on base and screw in, don't forget the small wire, place connectors on ECU.
Take old air filter box top and air filter off and set aside[if you live in a rainy area, you might want to hold to that box top]; install new air filter and top.
Install beer tray
Connect battery
Lower tank and secure it
Put key in ignition and start, START procedure...
Hit the starter button...
Enjoy...

You might need to, maybe, go by the dealer's shop and have the trim adjusted or if you have the hard/software to do it, do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts