Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first post and i am unexperienced with wrenching on bikes (will introduce myself better in the appropriate forum.) I have a 2002 750Si.e. just received a set of Rizoma Zero LED signals and heres the problem. White wire from the bike went to black of the stock signal and black wire from the bike went to white wire from the stock signal. The Rizomas have a red and black wire, how should they connect? Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm just having flashbacks of trying to hook up a car stereo fallowed by a puff of smoke.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Typed it wrong - White wire from the bike went to grey of the stock signal and black wire from the bike went to white wire from the stock signal. ::)

D

·
0 Posts
You won't get a puff of smoke, it just won't work (it's a diode thing)

And without knowing which wire is which on the LED, I have no idea which wire to tell you to hook up from the bike.

So try it one way, and if that doesn't work try it the other [thumbsup]
(and repeat for both turn signals)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - Hooked them up and the right one blinks fine and left one only blinks once? When I ordered these they suggested trying them without the resistor kit but I assume that will solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
OPP750 said:
Thanks - Hooked them up and the right one blinks fine and left one only blinks once? When I ordered these they suggested trying them without the resistor kit but I assume that will solve the problem.
The resistors are used to slow down the blink rate, as typically when putting a set of LED signals on they blink faster. I don't believe they'll help in your situation. You could have the one wired wrong, it could be a bad ground or the front bulb might be out. Check all of that out first.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
It shouldn't be the front lights being out, I haven't had front signals on my bike in ages.

Justin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK reversed the wires just to see but that was not it. I did notice that after the first flash if I leave the signal on it will start to work after a six second gap.

Has anyone ever seen something like that? Any chance the signal is bad? As I stated earlier I'm not very experienced with working on bikes but there's only 2 wires. ???

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
[
OPP750 said:
OK reversed the wires just to see but that was not it. I did notice that after the first flash if I leave the signal on it will start to work after a six second gap.

Has anyone ever seen something like that? Any chance the signal is bad? As I stated earlier I'm not very experienced with working on bikes but there's only 2 wires. ???
It doesn't sound like the signal is bad, since it does work. I would guess it's a bad ground or connection, since it comes on after a few seconds. When I put Zeros on my bike the male connectors were smaller than the ones on the original signals, so I crimped the female side to make the hole smaller/tighter.

But.....doing a search on here for you problem, I came up with two threads that were similar, but not exact. In both of those resistors did the trick, so you might try that too...

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=30911.0

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=35075.25

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I traced the problem back to the rear signal. One wire had been disconnected when it was hit being pulled inside for winter. They look and work great. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts