Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what is involved in installing the rearsets onto the s2r? It appears that the rearset is connected to the swingarm bolt....

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
re

Anyone know what is involved in installing the rearsets onto the s2r? It appears that the rearset is connected to the swingarm bolt....

Thanks!
Have you had any luck with install tips? Just purchased the Gilles rearset and have to install as well- looking for any tips

·
Registered
635 Posts

Thanks!
Have you had any luck with install tips? Just purchased the Gilles rearset and have to install as well- looking for any tips
Simple handtools will do the job, if you're not mechanically inclined or doubt yourselfs a lot, please, go the shop and have a pro do it.

I'd start by having both parts side by side, OEM mounted on bike, AM on the hand and checking for mounting patterns; once you've done that, decide if you can do it, if you have the tools and if you're willing to accept you messed up if something happens.

Shop may charge anywhere from $55~$105/hr, so, if it's just a simple install, you'll be out in an hour or just over and maybe the manager will only charge 1hr. If you screw up. you'll need to have the bike towed to the shop and then some more charges will be added to the bill...Makes sense?

my 0.02

edit: All mods on my bike, have been made by myself, except paint of alternator/clucth covers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts