Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!

Here are some few steps i made to install a new pressure plate(Ducati Performance) and Clutch cover(Rizoma)....
In my S2R 1000....

That´s too easy:

Hope you enjoy this mod!!! Cheers ;)

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Thanks for the post. Picture threads are awesome. It's now in the FAQs.[thumbsup] Check it out.

P.S. Are those pictures hosted in a location where they are permanent? I don't want them to disappear after a while since the thread is linked to the FAQs. If they're not, can you upload them to the DML and then link to them? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I couldn't see an alignment mark on the DP plate, didn't notice one on the SpeedyMoto plate I just installed. My first ride with the new plate and cover today resulted in the pressure plate failing to clamp after 15 miles or so. Started out as a gradual vague engagement and progressed to no clutch at all, but the lever feel remained constant.

I pulled the clutch apart and inspected the plate stack, pressure plate, springs, push-rod to bearing contact, etc. Only thing I could assess was there wasn't satisfactory grease in the push-rod to pressure plate bearing area and the gradual build up of heat and possible tighter clearance with the new PP bearing cause the plate to hang on the push-rod. Cleaned things off and applied some high temp/pressure grease and everything seems fine.

Clutch now holds 5th gear full-throttle run and quick short-shift 1-2-3 gear acceleration runs, and engagement smoothed out.
(This is my first Duc so I'm not in tune with the politically correct wrenching procedure yet)
Could I have missed an alignment procedure?

I might suggest adding application of a small amount of quality hi-temp grease to that connection in your excellent post.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello!

Yes the DP plate have a mark to alignment procedure!!!

It´s kind hard to see it but...

It´s a litle dot :

I didn´t put any grease in it(mine allready have), it was just a 15min operation. [thumbsup]

Cheers, Pedro Saro

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Just pulled the plate again and there was aligment references. Oops :-[

Emery clothed the push rod contact surface just for insurance.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sieg said:
Just pulled the plate again and there was aligment references. Oops :-[

Emery clothed the push rod contact surface just for insurance.

Just happens m8....
Next time it will be correct.... [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Sieg said:
<snip>I couldn't see an alignment mark on the DP plate, didn't notice one on the SpeedyMoto plate I just installed.
The Speedymoto plate does have a mark, it's a small line on one of the holes. In this picture it's at 11 o'clock.

Sieg said:
Just pulled the plate again and there was aligment references.
It appears you found it, but I thought I'd post this anyway for the rest.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NAKID said:
What exactly are you aligning and what's the possible effects of mis-aligning?
Yo can try but.... It will not fit at all !!!!
You can´t really install a new pressure plate without aligning it with the right spot!!!! ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The marks align the spline teeth for boss to hole concentricity. One aligned position is concentric, the other 5 are not. There may be one unaligned position which is vary close but non-concentric which will allow you to assemble, but the springs will bind. Be careful and make sure the marks/splines align properly. No not over torque the socket head cap screws, use a torque wrench and specified torque value.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
BTW, aside from torqueing it to spec, did you need to use blue locktite?

Thanks and great pic! It's encouraged me to DIY

1 - 18 of 18 Posts