Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a cool pair of FP Racing levers to replace the OEM brembos. but the clutch lever is giving me trouble. The "pin" seems to be sautered? I don't even know what this piece is called.... Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
45 Posts
We are an FP Racing dealer, what can we help you with?

Are you referring to the clutch side engagement pin that goes between the clutch perch and the clutch master cylinder?

--Sean
Speedking MotoWerx
Yes. I am having the same problem. Only the engagement pin is held in place by some sort of epoxy glue and a locking screw on top. (see image)

I tried getting the locking pin out with an allen key (1.5mm i think) but to no avail> the Allen key opening on the locking screw is completely broken (round not hex) from the factory and the allen key just turn inside without "catching"....

What do we do? Buy an OEM lever with the pin and cylinder?... It sucks... The OEM lever (Duc Part #62640351A) is like 135+ bucks...

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Ducati dealer couldn't even figure this out. But there's a tiny hex (alen) screw that we found, holding the adjusting rod (that's the piece that activates the clutch master cylinder). Look for the flat part that pushes the micro-switch and its in that little hole. They probably used lock-tight on that as they did to ours. The hex set screw got stripped out, so we ended up drilling it out and putting lock-tight on the rod. But make sure its exactly where you want it prior to putting the lock-tight on it. If you screw up the little rod, you have to buy a whole new master clutch cylinder, you can't just buy the little rod.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem. I couldn't get the allen set screw out.
What I did is force the pin to turn with pliars. After I got the pin out I installed the assebly on to the new lever by forcing the pin in and turning. It cross threaded but it is so tight that I'll never come out. The damage on the pin from the pliars is not seen cuz it slides into that little boot. There is some damage on the other end of the pin, (the flat screw driver head), but it's hardly noticable.
I know it's not the best way to do it. There is some slight damage that isn't very noticable but it will hold and my new clutch lever works great.

Good luck to the rest of you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I forgot to ask...to get a new acutator pin assembly from the dealer do you need to buy the whole clutch lever assembly and if so is it already installed on the the lever assembly with epoxy or do you install it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts